The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations will take place from November 28th to November 30th, 2022.
The students currently in Class 8 will be the second-to-last batch of learners under the 8-4-4 system to sit for KCPE. This is due to the new competency-based curriculum that was implemented in December 2017 and that has replaced the 8-4-4 system.
Ordinarily, the KCPE exam takes only three days.
Other than the 3 days, the candidates have one day called the "rehearsal day," where they do no exams but are sorted on everything so that when the exam day comes, they are all good to do the exam.
On rehearsal day, candidates will be told all the rules so that they can adhere to them and prevent themselves from being disqualified. They are also physically arranged according to how they will sit during the KCPE exam.
The following are the KCPE 2022 exam dates and times (November 2022 KCPE exam dates):
Friday, November 25, 2022
- Rehearsal day
Monday, November 28, 2022
- 8.30 am - 10.30: Mathematics
- 8.30 am - 10.30 am: Mathematics (Large Print)
- 8.30 am-11.00 am: Mathematics (Braille)
- 11.30 am-1.10 pm: English Section A - Language
- 11.30 am - 1.10 pm: English Section A - Language (Large Print)
- 11.30 am - 1.30 pm: English Section A- Language (Hearing Impaired)
- 11.30 am - 1.40 pm: English Section A - Language (Braille)
- 2.30 pm - 3.10 pm: English Section B - Composition
- 2.30 pm - 3.10 pm: English Section B - Composition (Large Print)
- 2.30 pm - 3.20 pm: English Section B -Composition (Hearing Impaired)
- 2.30 pm-3.20 pm: English Section B - Composition (Braille)
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- 8.30 am - 10.10 am: Science
- 8.30 am - 10.10 am: Science (Large Print)
- 8.30 am - 10.40 am: Science Braille
- 11.10 am-12.50 pm: Kiswahili Lugha
- 11.10 am-12.50 pm: Kiswahili Lugha (Large Print)
- 11.10 am - 12.50 pm: Kenyan Sign Language - Section A
- 11.10 am -1.20 pm: Kiswahili Lugha (Braille)
- 2.10 pm-2.50 pm: Kiswahili Insha
- 2.10 pm-2.50 pm: Kiswahili Insha (Large Print)
- 2.10 pm-2.50 pm: Kenyan Sign Language Section B Composition
- 2.10 pm-3.00 pm: Kiswahili Insha (Braille)
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- 8.30 am - 10.45 am: Social Studies and R.E
- 8.30 am - 10.45 am: Social Studies and R.E (Large Print)
- 8.30 am-11.15 am: Social Studies and R.E (Braille)
If you feel unprepared get doubly ready with these KCPE 2022 prediction papers which you can get here.
For class 8 notes click on this link.
Hope you have already sent those success cards,
Good luck to all 2022 KCPE candidates.