The questions below were discussed in our whatsapp group. Whatsapp +254 711 425062 to be added to our group.
State the name given to the study of Chemical changes in living organisms :
â â â Microbiology
State the name given to the study of Insects: â â â â â â
- Below is a diagram of an organelle that is involved in respiration
Name the organelle:
- Name the part labeled X:
- What is the purpose of the part labeled Y:
It increases the surface area for respiration to occur
- Explain what would happen to an amoeba when placed in distilled water.
Amoeba has special organelle called contractile vacuole to maintain osmotic equilibrium. When amoeba placed in fresh water, it tries to match the concentration of surrounding water its swells. And in some case when ameoba is not fully capable to maintain equilibrium, it bursts.
State the category of variation into which the following traits fall: Skin pigmentation :
- State the category of variation into which the following traits fall: blood group:
- Give two possible genotypes of blood group A. :
- State three characteristics of monera that are not found in other kingdoms
-They are prokaryotic
-They move by the means of cillia/flagella
-reproduce through binary fission
- Name two excretory products produced by both plants and animals:
Carbon (iv) oxide, Excess water
- What is the name given to the process in which excess amino acids are broken in the liver.
â â â Deamination
What is meant by the following terms? Autoecology:
the ecological study of an individual organism, or sometimes a particular species.
- State two ways in which floating leaves of aquatic plants are adapted to gaseous exchange:
Floating leaves tend to be much broader, without major lobing, and remain flat on the water, taking advantage of full sun. Stomates are present for gas exchange, especially on the upper (adaxial) leaf surface. The upper leaf surface tends to have a very prominent cuticle, thereby permitting water to roll off, and not interfering with photosynthesis or promoting growth of epiphytic algae. Epidermis may be rich in chloroplasts, and a bifacial mesophyll (palisade and spongy layers) is formed. Floating leaves often have well-developed air chambers (lacunae), which provide buoyancy, and they may also have hard cells, sclereids, within the mesophyll that provide some toughness for the leaf and prevent the layers from becoming collapsed.
Name the hormones which control the following Development of male secondary characteristics:
- Which hormone Inhibits side branching in plants?
- Which hormone is involved in: Moulting in insects?
Moulting stimulating hormone
- State the functions of each of the following parts of the axial skeleton: Odontoid process
the odontoid process serves as a pivot point for the skull and first cervical vertebrae, which allows the head and neck to rotate. The odontoid process is a projection that grows off the front portion of the second cervical vertebrae, which is also called the axis