- Water with molecular mass of 18g is a liquid at room temperature while hydrogen sulphide with a molecular mass of 34g is a gas at room temperature. Explain
A white solid was put in a hard test tube and heated. During heating, a glass rod with a drop of lime water was placed at the mouth of the test tube. The gas given off formed a white precipitate with limewater. The residue left after heating was yellow when hot but on cooling turned white.
- Write the formula of the anion present in the white solid.
- Write the equation of the reaction that formed the white precipitate
- Write the equation for the reaction that formed the white residue.
- Write an equation for the reaction that would take place when the residue is reacted with nitric (v) acid.
An element T has atomic number 16 and mass number 32.
- How many protons are there in the ion of T?
- Write the formulae of the two oxides of T.
- The atomic numbers of x and y are 12 and 17 respectively. State and explain the electrical conductivity of the compound of x and y in;-
- solid state
- aqueous state
- Study the table below on the effect of heat on metal nitrates.
- Arrange the metals Q,R,S in order of their reactivity starting with the least reactive.
- To which group of the periodic table does metal R belong?
- Write an equation to show action of heat on ammonium nitrate.
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.