Print this page
Download PDF for future reference
Install our android app for easier access
Print PDF for future reference
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates
- Outline four ways in which business studies may be of benefit to an individual. (4 marks)
- Highlight four external factors that may negatively influence the operations of a business. (4 marks)
- State four characteristics of a successful entrepreneur. (4 marks)
- State four functions of an office. (4 marks)
- Fill in the relevant branches of trade in the diagrams below: (3 marks)
- The participants in a two sector economy are households and firms. Identify the relevant participants in each of the statements given below. (4 marks)
- The following balances were extracted from the books of Wekesa Traders on 31st December, 2009.
Using the above information, prepare Wekesa Trader’s Trial Balance on 31st December, 2009. (5 marks)
- The following information relates to Karibu traders for the year ended 31st December, 2008.
Determine owner’s capital using the information given above. (4 marks)
- State one type of unemployment relating to each of the following descriptions. (4 marks)
- Caused by alternating trading patterns occurring at similar times.
- Arises where workers have more skills and higher qualifications than the job requirements.
- Arises out of a mismatch between the skills possessed by potential employees and the location of the jobs available.
- Arises when people are unwilling to take up jobs due to low pay.
- Highlight four circumstances under which the capital of a business may change. (4 marks)
- Below are some entries in the cash book of Romano Traders for the month of July 2010.
State the meaning of the following entries. (4 marks)
- July 1, 2010 Balance b/d, bank column 100,000.
- July 2, 2010 cash shs 20,000 and bank shs 20,000.
- July 28, 2010 debtors shs 20,000.
- July 31, 2010 Balance c/d shs 10,000.
- Outline one circumstance under which each of the following source documents may be issued to a trader: (4 marks)
- Debit note
- Credit note
- Name four documents that may be required by the registrar of companies in order to register a public limited company. (4 marks)
- Outline four measures that a country can take to reduce the level of inflation. (4 marks)
- Outline four factors that may cause a producer to by-pass the wholesaler when distributing goods. (4 marks)
- Highlight four benefits that a country would get by developing her infrastructure. (4 marks)
- State four benefits of a bonded warehouse to the government. (4 marks)
- Outline four qualities of a successful salesperson. (4 marks)
- Highlight four factors that may cause the supply of curve shift to the right. (4 marks)
- Outline four positive effects that production activities may have on community health. (4 marks)
- State four basic features of a market. (4 marks)
- Outline four features of a parastatal. (4 marks)
- Outline four circumstances in which the government may be involved in business. (4 marks)
- Highlight four factors that a trader may consider when choosing a means of transport. (4 marks)
- State four reasons for privatizing public corporations.