- Give the meaning of history.
- Identify one age-grade for elders among the Akamba.
- State the first settlement area of the Luo during their migration from Sudan.
- Name one early Christian missionary who worked in Kenya.
- Identify two contributions made by early Christian missionaries in the field of education in Kenya.
- Define the term “National Integration”
- What constitutional amendment made Kenya return to multi-party state.
- Give Two reasons why a Kenya citizen should obey the law.
- Give two way in which education has promoted national unity in Kenya.
- State two advantages of representative democracy.
- Name the First African to be appointed in the council of ministers in Kenya by the colonial government.
- Identify the leader who stepped down as the president of African Union for Jomo Kenyatta.
- State two ways in which the Harambee spirit promote National Unity in Kenya.
- State two ways through which the saving and credit cooperative societies in Kenya benefit their members.
- State two qualifications that a person must fulfill in order to be allowed to register as a voter in Kenya.
- Name the two branches of National Police Service in Kenya.
- Give the main difference of the commission on Revenue Allocation in Kenya.
SECTION B. (45 MARKS)
ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION.
- Give five reasons which influenced the migration of the plain Nilotes to Kenya during the Pre-Colonial period.
- Explain five results of the migration and settlement of the Maasai in Kenya during the pre-colonial period.
- State three reason for the coming of the Portuguese to Kenyan Coast in the 15th century.
- Explain six effects of the Portuguese rule on the East African Coast.
- Give five grievances of the Kikuyu Central Association which were Presented by Jomo Kenyatta to the colonial secretary in 1929.
- Explain five factors which led to the migration of African to the urban areas in Kenya during the colonial period.
- State three factors that have contributed to high illiteracy levels in Kenya since Independence.
- Discuss six factors that have facilitated industrialization in Kenya since Independence.
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS FROM THIS SECTION.
- State three circumstances that can make a Kenyan citizen to be denied the right to life. (3mks)
- Describe the functions of the Republic of Kenya.
- State five ways through which Independence of the Judiciary is guaranteed in Kenya.
- Explain five functions of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission of Kenya.
- State three objectives of devolving the government of Kenya.
- Explain six functions of the National Assembly in Kenya.