Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education(KCSE)
HOME SCIENCE (FOODS AND NUTRITION)
1 ¾ hours
Instructions to Candidates
- Read the test carefully.
- Write your name and index number on every sheet of paper used.
- Text books and recipe books may be used during the planning session as reference materials.
- You will be expected to keep to your order of work during the practical session.
- You are only allowed to take away your reference materials at the end of the planning session.
- You are NOT allowed to bring additional notes to the practical session.
During the holiday your elderly aunt visited your home with a sick nephew who is suffering from Goiter . They will spend the evening in your home then leave for the hospital in the morning. As you prepare the meal, remember your nephew is feeding on liquids only. Using the ingredients listed below prepare cook and serve:
- A one-course dinner for two, include a stimulating drink.
- Prepare a suitable food item for your nephew
- Maize meal
- Tea leaves
- Green pepper
- Cooking oil/fat
PLANNING SESSION – 30 MINUTES
Use separate sheets of paper for each task listed below and a carbon paper to make duplicate copies.
Then proceed as follows.
- Identify the food items and write down their recipes.
- Write down your order of work
- Make a list of food stuffs, materials and equipment you will require
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.