INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- This paper consists of two sections A and B
- Answer all the questions in section A
- Answer question 6 and any other two questions from section B.
- All answers MUST be written on separate answer sheets.
Answer all questions in this section.
- State two effects of the 23 % angle tilt of the earth during revolution. (2 mks)
- What is the local time in Kitale 35 E when the local time in Brazil 52 W is 7.00 am? (2 mks)
- Draw a well labelled diagram of an over fold. (2 mks)
- Name two fold mountains formed during the Hercynian orogeny. (2 mks)
- State two types of river erosion. (2 mks)
- Identify three features that results from river rejuvenation. (3 mks)
- What is secondary vegetation. (2 mks)
- Study the map below to answer questions i) and ii)
- With the use of diagrams describe how tensional forces may lead to the formation of the Rift Valley. (8 mks)
- Identify two features resulting from faulting that may be found within the rift valley. (2 mks)
- Explain five significance of faulting on human activities. (10 mks)
- What is glacier? (2 mks)
- Name three types of glacier. (3 mks)
- State three factors influencing glacial erosion. (3 mks)
- Identify four erosional features that develop in glaciated lowlands. (4 mks)
- Using well labelled diagrams, describe how a cirque is formed. (7 mks)
- Explain three significance of glacial features to human activities. (6 mks)
- Explain three factors that makes water an effective denudational agent in arid areas. (6 mks)
- With the aid of a diagram, differentiate between an Alluvial fan and a Bajada. (4 mks)
- State three characteristics of a Wadi. (3 mks)
- Describe how gorges are formed in Arid areas. (4 mks)
- Your class intends to carry out a field study on action of water in an arid region.
- State two ways in which you would prepare for the study. (2 mks)
- Give three reasons for studying action of water in arid areas through field work. (3 mks)
- Write two possible objectives you are likely to formulate for the study. (2 mks)
- What is weathering? (2 mks)
- Explain how the following factors influences Weathering of rocks.
- Relief (2mk)
- Rock Texture (2 mks)
- Rock colour (2 mks)
- Describe how the following processes of weathering occur.
- Frost action (5 mks)
- Hydrolysis (4 mks)
- Giving reasons, identify the predominant type of weathering found in the following climate regions.
- Tropical Arid climates. (2 mks)
- Cold climates. (2 mks)
- Tropical climate (2 mks)
Download Geography Trial Exams Paper 1 Questions - Alliance Boys High School Mock December 2020.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates