Instructions to candidates
- This paper has two sections, A and B.
- Answer all questions in section A, question 6 and any other TWO questions.
Answer all questions in this section.
- What is human and Economic Geography (2marks)
- Name three sub-branches of geography that makes up social sciences. (3marks)
- The diagram below shows the occurrence of petroleum on the earth crust.
Use it to answer questions (a) and (b)
- Name the substance in the areas labeled X, Y and Z (3 marks)
- Give two by products obtained when crude oil is refined. (2 marks)
- Name two indigenous softwood trees grown in Kenya (2 marks)
- State three effects of deforestation in the environment. (3 marks)
- Diffenciate between fishing and fisheries (2 marks)
- Name three types of fishing (3 marks)
- List two man-made hazards. (3 marks)
- State three effects of diseases to the economy of Kenya (3marks)
Answer Question 6 And Any Other Two From The Remaining.
- The table below represents agricultural crops exported from Kenya between 2009 - 2012
CROP /YEAR 2009 2010 2011 2012 HORTICULTURE 16,000 24,000 20,000 28,000 TEA 36,000 40,000 32,000 34,000 COFFEE 20,000 12,000 8,000 4,000
- Using a scale of 1cm to represent 4,000 tones, draw a comparative bar graph to represent the data. (8marks)
- Describe the trend in coffee export earnings from 2009-2012. (2marks)
- Give four possible reasons for the trend observed. (4marks)
- Identify three countries in Kenya producing coffee. (3marks)
- State four physical problems faced by coffee farmers in Kenya. (4marks)
- Outline four importance of coffee farming in Kenyan economy (4marks)
- Define land reclamation (2marks)
- A part from irrigation name three other methods of land reclamation. (3marks)
- Identify two aims of setting up Perkerra irrigation scheme (2marks)
- State three physical factors that influences the establishment of Perkerra irrigation scheme (3marks)
- State three problems facing Perkerra irrigation scheme (3marks)
- Name four crops grown under Perkerra irrigation scheme. (4marks)
- Explain four differences between land reclamation in Kenya and Netherlands (8marks)
- Define the term industrialization (2marks)
- Give four characteristics features of cottage industry in India (4marks)
- State four problems facing Jua kali industry in Kenya (4marks)
- Study the map of the Ruhr region below and answer the following questions.
- Name four minerals found within the Ruhur region (4marks)
- Name (3marks)
- The canal mark U
- The river marked V
- The town marked Y
- Explain four factors that led to the growth of iron and steel industry in the Ruhr region (8marks)
- Define Ecotourism (2marks)
- Distinguish between a national park and a game reserve (4marks)
- Identify three main inland attractions in Kenya (3marks)
- Explain how the following problems affect tourism in Kenya
- Poaching (2marks)
- Terrorism (2marks)
- Environmental pollution (2marks)
- Give three similarities between tourism in Korea and Switzerland (6marks)
- Your geography class intend to carry out a field study in a national park in Kenya.
- State two hypothesis of study (2marks)
- Give two methods they would use to record data during the study (2marks)
- What is settlement (2marks)
- Give two types of settlements (2marks)
- State five functions of Kisumu City (5marks)
- Explain three factors that influence the growth Thika town (6marks)
- State four negative effects of urbanization (4marks)
- Differentiate the ports Mombasa and Rotterdam under the following sub-headings:
- Transport (2marks)
- Mechanization (2marks)
- Size of the port (2marks)
Download Geography Paper 2 Questions and Answers - Mokasa II Mock Examination 2021/2022.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates