HOMESCIENCE (FOOD AND NUTRITION)
Instruction to candidates
- Read the test carefully.
- Textbooks and recipes may be used during the planning session as reference materials.
- You will be expected to keep your order of work during the practical session.
- You are only allowed to take away your reference materials at the end of the planning session.
- Candidates should answer the questions in English.
You are at home for midterm break with your brother. Using ALL the ingredients listed below plan, prepare and present a full breakfast including two carbohydrate items for the two of you.
- Millet/maize flour
- Plain wheat flour
- Tea leaves/cocoa
- Baking powder (optional)
- Arrow roots/sweet potatoes
- Fruit in season
PLANNING SESSION; 30 minutes
For each task listed below, use separate pieces of paper and make duplicate copies using carbon paper. Proceed as follows;
- Identify the dishes and write down their recipes.
- Write down your order of work.
- Make a list of food stuffs and equipment you will require.
|AREAS OF ASSESSMENT||MAXIMUM |
Suitability of menu
|Order of work|
|List of food stuff and equipment|
|Methods of cooking ( at least 2)||2|
|Quality of results|
Clean (½) well pressed (½) table cloth
Presence of a centre piece (½) and
menu card (½)
Adequate food served
(salt shaker, serviettes and toothpicks)
| 1 |
|Personal ( watch, nails, shoes etc) |
|Economy of resources|
|During work |
Download Home Science Paper 3 Questions and Answers - Mokasa II Mock Examination 2021/2022.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates