Instructions to candidates
- Read the test carefully.
- Text books and recipes may be used during the planning session as reference materials.
- You will be expected to keep to your order of work during the practical session.
- At the end of planning session you will only carry out your reference materials.
- You are not allowed to bring additional notes to the practical session
You are making a quick lunch for yourself and your aunt. Using all the ingredients listed below, prepare, cook and present a one dish meal and a refreshing drink for the two of you.
- Fruit in season
- Rice/Green bananas/Potatoes
PLANNING SESSION- 30 minutes
Use separate sheets of paper for each task listed below and a carbon paper to make duplicate copies. Then proceed as follows:
- Identify the dishes and write down the recipes;
- Write down your order of work;
- Make a list of foodstuff, materials and equipment you will require.
|AREA OF ASSESSMENT||MAXIMUM |
|1|| PLAN OF WORK |
Identification of tasks (1)
correct menu (1)
Logical sequence of tasks (2)
Dovetailing of activities (2)
Recipes well written (2)
Appropriate list of requirements (2)
|2|| PREPARATION AND COOOKING OF ONE DISH MEAL AND DRINK |
Manipulative skills for:
Correct cooking of
Combining to make one dish (2)
| 9 |
|3|| QUALITY OF RESULTS |
One course meal (3)
|4|| SERVING AND PRESERVATION |
Use of clean (1) well pressed (1) tablecloth
Use of clean (1) serving dishes
Cooked items correctly presented (1)
Drink correctly served (1)
Dishes not smudged (1)
Appropriate centre piece (1)
Overall look of the table (3)
| GENERAL |
Economy of resources
During work (2)
After work (2)
| 3 |
|Grand total to be divided by 2||50/2|