SECTION A (30marks).
Answer all Questions in this section.
- State two advantages of organic farming. (2mks)
- Name two ways through which government policies influence agriculture positively. (2mks)
- State two ways through which living organisms influence soil formation. (2mks)
- State two reasons of rolling in millet production. (2mks)
- List two advantages of using certified seeds in crop propagation. (2mks)
- State three importance of drainage in production of crops. (3mks)
- State two advantages of green manure. (2mks)
- State three concepts of agricultural economics. (3mks)
- Given that a maize plantation measures 40m x 30m, and the maize plants are planted at a spacing of 75m x 25 cm. Calculate the plant population in the piece of land. (2mks)
- State two precautions observed when harvesting pyrethrum. (2mks)
- State two causes of river-bank erosion. (2mks)
- State two advantages of biological weed control methods. (2mks)
- List two advantages of individual land ownership tenure. (2mks)
- State two advantages of land consolidation. (2mks)
SECTION B (20 MARKS)
Answer all questions in B.
- Study the diagram below and answer the questions that follow.
- Identify the crop pest shown above. (1mk)
- State two methods used to control the pest above. (2mks)
- Name three effects of the pest on tomato production. (3mks)
- study the diagrams and answer the questions below
- Identify the diagrams above. (2mks)
- Name a crop that can be propagated using the method shown in A above. (1mk)
- State two factors that would make a farmer choose method B for propagating crops instead of method A. (2mks)
- State the reason why the part labelled X in A above should be cut in a slanting manner. (1mk)
- State one reason why the following practices should be done to the vegetative material labeled A.
- When planting leaves should not touch the soil. (1mk)
- The materials should be placed in water until when they are planted. (1mk)
- Study the diagrams and answer the questions that follow.
- Identify the weeds labeled A, B and C above. (3mks)
- Name one reason that makes it hard to control each of the weeds named above. (3mks)
SECTION C (40 marks)
Answer only two questions in this section
- Explain six cultural methods used to control weeds in a farm. (12mks)
- Explain four factors to consider when selecting planting materials. (8mks)
- Explain five factors that influence soil erosion on an area. (10mks)
- Describe five cultural methods a farmer can use to control crop pests. (10mks)
- Explain four methods that determine the number of times secondary cultivation should be done on a piece of land. (8mks)
- Explain six reasons that would make a farmer carry out drainage on a piece of land. (12mks)