A pattern of a boy's short is provided. You are advised to study the sketches, instructions and layout carefully before you begin the test.
- Pattern Pieces
- Short back
- Short front
- Plain lightweight cotton fabric 55 cm long by 90 cm wide.
- Sewing thread to match the fabric.
- One large envelope.
Using the materials provided, cut out and make the LEFT SIDE of the boy's short to show the following processes
- Cutting out (91/2 marks)
- Making of the back dart. (51/2 marks)
- Making of the inner leg seam using a French seam. (71/2 marks)
- Attaching the in scam pocket. (12 marks)
- Working of the side seam using an open seam and neatening the section below the pocket. (12 marks)
- Preparing and attaching the interfaced waistband (Do not trim the seam)
- Tack the back part waistband using even tacking.
- Top stitch the edge of waistband. (22 marks)
- Managing the hem. Machine stitch half of the hem. (Do not remove tacking stitches). (15 marks)
- Overall presentation (61/2 marks)
At the end of the examination, firmly sew onto your work, on a single fabric, a label bearing your name and index number. Remove the needles, pins and loose threads from your work. Fold your work neatly and place it in the envelope provided. Do not put scraps of fabric in the envelope. Do not seal the envelope.