- State the type of utility created by each of the following activities. (4 mks)
- Delivery of milk to a customer
- Keeping money in the bank
- Selling bread to a student
- Making uniform for students
- You are required to come up with a business idea to discuss in your class. Suggest what you will consider to turn it into a good business opportunity. (4 mks)
- Highlight four factors that may lead to overcharge in an invoice. (4 mks)
- One of the functions of an office is to safeguard and controll organizations property. State four ways how an office can achieve this. (4 mks)
- Outline four importances of business studies in a society. (4mks)
- State four features of human wants. (4 mks)
- State four factors that discourage entrepreneurial development in an economy. (4 mks)
- Outline four circumstances which would make an office manager to replace an existing machine with a modern one. (4mks)
- Outline four reasons why government participates in business. (4 mks)
- State any four internal business environments. (4 mks)
- State four ways in which productivity of land can be improved as a factor of production. (4 mks)
- Highlight four circumstances under which a firm will prefer to establish an open office. (4 mks)
- Identify four types of cash terms of payment. (4 mks)
- Name the factor of production that each of the following resources relate to: (4 mks)
Resource Factor of production Manager Vehicle Owner Water
- Rose bought goods from Ali traders on credit. Outline four means of payments she can use to clear her debt. (4 mks)
- State four reasons why consumers have to make a choice between competing needs. (4 mks)
- State four reasons why Kalekye should run a sole proprietorship form of a business rather than a partnership firm. (4 mks)
- For each of the following statements, state the appropriate term used. (4 mks)
- Obtaining nature resources from the nature setting.
- Process of changing raw materials into finished goods buy combining different components.
- Mental/physical effort applied in production.
- Building of structures such as premises/buildings.
- Name the business document to which each of the following description relate. (4 mks)
Description Document used Issued by a seller to a buyer as payment for goods/service in cash Used to correct an overcharge Used to inform the buyer that the goods ordered
have been dispatched
Document sent by the buyer to find out whether the seller stocks certain specified goods