- Which one of the following pest is correctly matched with its effect on crop?
A. Stalk borer - sucks sap from plant leaves
B. Weaver bird - eat the grains of stored produce
C. Cutworms - attack seedlings
D. Aphids-make holes in the stems of growing crops
- The diagram below shows circulation of blood around the human body.
Which blood vessels carry dark red blood?
A. M and P
B. N and O
C. O and P
D. M and N
- Which of the following livestock parasites can one control by spraying?
A. Round worm and Lung worms
B. Mites and tape worms
C. Mites and round worms
D. Fleas and Mites
- The part of a bean seed that make an embryo are
A. Cotyledon and radical
B. Seed leaf and Plumule
C. Plumule and Radical
D. Testa and Plumnule
- Which statement below is NOT true about maize plant flower
A. The flower has feathery stigma
B. The flower produces powdery pollen grains
C. The flower is scented
D. The flower produces large amount of pollen grains
- Which one of the following pair has only insulators?
A. Wood and pin
B. Rubber and glass
C. Carbon rod and graphite
D. Nail and Pin
- A maize seed can germinate in the absence of
A. Water and air
B. Warmth and water
C. Air and warmth
D. Soil and light
- Which one of the following is not an adaptation of plants growing in wet areas? Presence of
A. Succulent stems
B. Floating flowers
C. broad leaves
D. Thin cuticle
- When making compost manure which material is used to introduce decomposers to the heap?
A. Maize stalk
C. Kitchen refuses
D. Top soil
- Which of the following weather instrument is used to measure two aspects of weather?
A. Wind vane
B. Air thermometer
C. Wind sock
D. Liquid thermometer
- Standard four pupils carried out an experiment on sinking and floating as shown in the diagram
From the experiment, pupils concluded ___ affects floating and sinking
- The component of air that green plants use to make their own food is also used in
C. Making plant proteins
D. Putting out fire
- Which pair of vaccines is administered to a baby at the age of 9 months?
A. DPT and oral polio
B. BCG and DPT
C. Anti-measles and yellow fever vaccine
D. Oral polio and anti-measles
- Which one of the following weather condition is ideal for washing clothes?
A. Calm and sunny
B. Cloudy and windy
C. Windy and sunny
D. Rainy and windy
- Which one the following shows a pair of levers that belong to the same group?
A. Wheelbarrow and spade
B. Crow bar and claw hammer
C. Spade and claw hammer
D. Wheelbarrow and craw bar
- The final and the second stage of HIV and AIDS infection are respectively
A. Full blown and Asymptomatic
B. Full blown and window
C. Incubation and Asymptomatic
D. Symptomatic and Incubation
- Which pair of planets can one see easily while on earth?
A. Jupiter and Venus
B. Saturn and Jupiter
C. Mercury and Saturn
D. Venus and Mercury
- Which of the following substances can change their state when temperature is increased?
A. Gas and Liquid
B. Solid and Liquid
C. Gas and solid
D. Liquid and vapour
- Storage of undigested food in the human body occurs in the
- Standard 5 pupils carried out investigation on capillarity in different soils. Which of the following materials was not a control variable?
A. Amount of water
B. Size of tubes
C. Amount of soil
D. Amount of cotton wool
- In the table below which parasite is not matched with the organ in which it is found?
A. Liver fluke Lungs
B. Tapeworm Liver
C. Lung worm Small intestine
D. Round worm Liver
- Which one of the following shows processes involved when separating a mixture of sand and salt?
A. Filtering, dissolving and evaporation
B. Dissolving, filtering and evaporation
C. Filtering, evaporation and dissolving
D. dissolving, evaporation and filtering
- The female reproductive organs involved during ovulation are
A. Ovary and uterus
B. Oviduct and uterus
C. Uterus and cervix
D. Ovary and oviduct
- Standard 4 pupils carried out an activity shown below.
From the activity they concluded that soil contains
- Which one of the following does not contain chemical energy?
B. Dry cell
C. Cooking gas
- Which pair of machines below makes work easier by increasing the effort distance?
A. Ladder and stair case
B. Flag post and winch
C. Wheelbarrow and claw hammer
D. Staircase and flag post
- Which of the following shows substances that have neither definite shape nor definite volume?
A Dust and smoke
B. Spirit and water
C. Smoke and vapour
D. ice and water
- The following are ways of conserving energy.
Which one does not?
A. Using a solar panel to light the house
B. Using a wind mill to generate electricity
C. Using a traditional jiko for cooking
D. Using biogas for cooking
- Which property of light makes a coin in a glass of water appear raised
- Which one of the following is NOT observed in a patient suffering from bilharzia?
A. Presence of blood in urine
B. itching of the bowels
C. Skin rash
D. Violent diarrhea
- Which one of the following animals concentrates is a rich source of calcium?
A. Bone meal
B. Sunflower seeds
D. Cotton seeds
- A method of food preservation that dehydrates microorganisms making food to last longer is
D. Use of honey
- The diagram below shows a beak of a certain bird
Which pair of bird have the type of beak shown in the diagram?
A. Vulture and Hawk
B. Duck and Flamingo
C. Chicken and weaverbird
D. Sunbird and Humming bird
- Food rich in calcium prevents one of the following, which one is it?
- Which pair of liquids below will form a uniform mixture when poured in a glass container?
A. Milk and spirit
B. Water and kerosene
C. Spirit and diesel
D. Cooking oil and petrol
- Which one of the following is most likely to damage the ozone layer?
A. Industrial waste gases
B. Tobacco smoking
C. Aerosol spray
D. Smoke from burning tires
- Which one of the following has materials that can allow magnetism to pass through them?
A. Paper, glass and wood
B. Plastic, steel ruler, paper
C. Nail, glass, razor blade
D. Steel spoon, nail, pin
- The diagram bellow shows a set-up carried out by standard 8 pupils.
Which one of the following shows the correct energy changes that occur in the set-up when the circuit is completed?
A Electrical → heat → chemical → light
B. Chemical → electrical → light → heat
C. Chemical → electrical → heat → light
D. Electrical → chemical → heat → light
- Which one of the following pairs of feeds is a rich source of energy to the body?
A. Ripe bananas and carrots
B. Groundnuts and green bananas
C. Eggs and meat
D. Bread and cabbage
- Which one of the following is not a way of managing domestic waste to prevent soil pollution?
A. Re-using waste materials
B. Using local authority
C. Converting waste into compost manure
D. Recycling waste materials
- Friction can be increased by one of the following activities. Which one is it?
A. Applying adhesives between surfaces
B. Placing roller between the surfaces.
C. Making surfaces smooth
D. Smearing oil between surfaces.
- The following are effects of abusing mandrax, which one is NOT?
A. Memory loss
D. Breathing problems
- Which statement below is NOT correct about a fish and a toad?
A. Both have external fertilization
B. Both are cold blooded
C. Both have scales
D. Both lay eggs
- In the diagram, below which processes need a decrease in temperature to occur?
A. M and N
B. O and P
C. M and P
D. N and O
- The chart shows how class five pupils classified plants.
Which two characteristics did the pupils use to classify the plants above?
A. Flowering and non flowering plants
B. Green and non flowering plants
C. Flowering and non green plants
D. Green and non green plants
- Below are signs and symptoms of a certain communicable disease
(i) Prolonged coughing
(ii) Pale, thin and weak body
Which practice below cannot help in preventing the disease described above?
A. Observing high standards of cleanliness
B. Clearing bushes around the house.
C. Avoiding exposure to a lot of dust
D. Living in well ventilated rooms.
- Which one is NOT an effect of HIV and AIDS on the family?
B. Loss of income
C. Lack of parental care
D. Low self esteem
- During a science lesson, standard six pupils carried the following materials
(i) A plane mirror
(ii) Aluminium foil
(iii) Source of light
(iv) Pieces of paper of different colours
Using the above materials, the pupils were to investigate
A. How light travels
B. Reflection of light
C. Dispersion of light
D. Refraction of light
- A push or a pull on a body is
- Which one of the following does not describe a recreational use of water?
A. Boat racing
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "SCIENCE - KCPE 2020 PREDICTION 1 SET 1", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics