- Which one of the following numbers is one million five thousand three hundred and eight?
- What is the value of
- What is the square of 61/4?
- What is the number 21.046 rounded to 2 decimal places?
- What is the total value of digit 6 in the number 40607580?
A. Six million
B. Six hundred thousand.
C. Sixty thousand.
D. Hundred thousand.
- Find the value of √(7 + 29)2
- Kamau bought the following items:
3 packets of maize flour at sh. 90 each.
2 kg of beans for sh. 170
11/2 kg of potatoes at sh. 40 per kg
2 loaves of bread at sh. 34 each.
If he had sh. 800, how much money was she left with?
A. Sh. 62
B. Sh. 232
C. Sh. 466
D. Sh. 568
- Work out:
12/3 of 2/5 + 31/2 ÷ 24/5
- Find the value of
8.42 + 3.4 - 2.6 + 1.43
- What is the capacity of a container which measures 1.5m by 1.0m by 0.5m in litres.
- The marked price of a television is sh. 6,000, Mark bought it on hire purchase by paying 20% more than the marked price. He paid a deposit and eight equal monthly instalments of sh. 700. Find the deposit.
A. Sh. 1800
B. Sh. 2600
C. Sh. 1650
D. Sh. 1600
- The average mass of children is 54kg. The total mass of three of them is 165. The fourth child is 5 kg heavier than the fifth child. Calculate the mass of the fifth child?
- Paul bought a pair of trousers for 1620 after getting a 10% discount. What was the marked price of the trouser?
A. Sh. 162
B. Sh. 1458
C. Sh. 1800
D. Sh. 1780
- The table below shows the number of crates of soda sold by vendor in six days.
Days Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat No. of crates 22 21 - 21 17 20
A. 18 litres
B. 201/2 litres
C. 21 litres.
D. 15 litres
- The figure below represents a right-angled triangle PQR.
The area of the triangle is 24cm2 and the height is 6cm. What is the length of the longest side?
- Peter drove for 225km. He drove at a speed of 80km/h for the first 11/4 hrs. He then rested for an hour before completing the journey at a speed of 100km/h. How long did the journey take?
A. 21/2 hrs
C. 31/4 hrs
D. 31/2 hrs
- Gatwe school received 18 cartons of books weighing 202.5kg. If each empty carton weighed 0.75kg and each book weigh 500grams, how many books were in the cartons?
- A watch loses 5 seconds every 2 hours. If it was set right on Monday noon, what time will it be showing the following Saturday at noon?
A. 11.55 pm
B. 11.55 am
C. 12.05 pm
D. 12.55 pm
- A rectangular piece of land 100m has an area of 5 ha. How many square sides of 20m can be made on the piece of land?
- A meeting was attended by 150 people. Out of these, 0.14 were men, 0.2 were women and the rest were children. How many more children than women were there?
- What is the Greatest Common Divisor of 120 and 270?
- A distance of 8km is represented on a map by 4cm. What is the scale used?
C. 1:200 000
- The mean of 7 numbers is. 4. Six of the numbers are: 2, 3, 1, 2, 7, 8. What is the median of the seven numbers.
- What is the value of
8+0.5 × 0.3−0.05
- Draw a rectangle ABCD in which line AB=5cm and BC=8cm. Draw a circle passing through points ABCD. Find the radius of the circle formed.
- The perimeter of a rectangular plot of land is 57.98m. If the width of the plot is 8.6m. What is its length?
- A saleslady ears a salary of sh. 25,000 per month. She also gets a 4% commission on goods above a total of sh. 150,000. In one month she sold goods worth sh. 350,000. How much altogether did she earn that month?
A. Sh. 8000
B. Sh. 39000
C. Sh. 31000
D. Sh. 33000
- Kamau is paid sh. 3750 after working for 25 days. How much money would he be paid if he does not work for 4 days?
A. Sh. 600
B. Sh. 4460
C. Sh. 4350
D. Sh. 3150
- The area of the trapezium below is 240cm2.
Find the measure of line DB.
- An open cylindrical tin has a diameter of 14cm and a height of 10cm. What is the surface area of the tin in cm2
- A tank is 5/12 full of water. When 78 litres are drawn, it becomes 1/6 full. What amount of water will it hold when full?
- The figure below consists of an equilateral triangle, a semi-circle and a square of side 56m.
If flowers are planted along the edges at an interval of 3 metres, how many flowers will be needed?
- Calculate the area of the shaded part in the figure below.
- A factory processed 4 tonnes of salt and packed them into 250g and 500g packets respectively in the ratio 4:6. How many packets were there altogether?
A. 32000 pkts.
- Find the measure of angle DBC in the figure below.
- Calculate the area of the parallelogram below.
- The area of a square is 3844cm2. What is the length of each side of the square?
- A daughter is 24 years younger than the mother who is 14 years younger than the father. If the sum of their age is 68 years. How old is the father?
- A man spends ¼ of his salary on food, 4/5 of the remainder on fees and saves the rest. If he saves sh 300, how much does he spend on fees.
A. Sh. 20,000
B. Sh. 12000
C. Sh. 16 000
D. Sh. 5000
- Samuel borrowed sh. 24000 from a bank which charges 24% simple interest per annum. Calculate the total amount he paid after 9 months.
A. Sh. 28320
B. Sh. 5184
C. Sh. 4300
D. Sh. 19680
- In 2016 Kericho J.A.P Senate nomination, 3 candidates contested for the seat. The winning candidate got 210 votes more than the second candidate while the third got 4560 less votes
than the winner. How many votes did the winner get if a total of 10210 votes were cast?
- What is the next number in the pattern
4.44, 3.95, 3.44, 2.95, ?
- The volume of the open box below is 15000cm3.
What is its surface area?
- A train left Mombasa 0850 hrs and took 14hrs 45min to reach Sagana. At what time did it arrive?
A. 11.35 a.m
B. 11.35 pm
D. 11.25 pm
- What is the value of x in the equation.
x + 3(x+3)=23?
- Construct triangle POR with QR=7.3cm. Angle PRQ = 57o. Let the bisector of angle QPR meet QR at N. Measure the length of line PN.
- In a certain month a businessman made a profit of sh. 8000. The following month his profit was sh.12000. What was the percentage increase of the profit?
- The figure below is made up of squares.
How many squares are there altogether?
- The pie chart below represents the population of 1800 animals in a farm.
How many more chickens than goats are there in the farm?
- The graph below shows a motorist's journey from Limuru to Nairobi and back.
How many kilometres had he covered by 12 noon.
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "MATHEMATICS - KCPE 2020 PREDICTION 1 SET 2", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics