- In the female reproductive system, where is the zygote formed?
D. Birth Canal
- A person suffering from Cholera loses a lot of
A. urine and vomiting
B. urine and sweat
C. diarrhoea and vomiting
D sweat and diarrhea
- Which one is a health effect of drug abuse?
C. Drug induced accidents
- Which of these animals is correctly matched
with the way it protects itself?
A. Centipede – Coiling
B. Newt – Flying
C. Grasshopper – Stinging
D. Snail - Hiding in its shell
- The illustration below is of a lever;
The lever above represents the
B. claw hammer
- The force that opposes motion is called
- Which of the following causes bleeding gums?
- Below are organs found on the body;
(i) The heart
(ii) The lungs
(iii) The kidney
(iv) The skin
Which of the above is not an excretory organ?
- Which of the following is a source of heat?
- A pupil set up an experiment as shown below.
He added water into the containers.
What property of liquids was the pupil investigating?
A. Liquids have definite volume
B. Liquids have definite mass
C. Liquids have definite shape
D. Liquids have no definite shape
- Chemicals should not be stored in soda bottles so as to avoid
A. causing fire
B. wrong usage
C. using expired chemicals
D. polluting the environment
- Blood plasma transports all the following except
A. digested food
B. carbon dioxide
C. waste products
- The following are steps followed when investigating drainage and water retention in the soil;
(i) Put soils in funnels
(ii) Place funnels on the bottles
(iii) Put cotton in the funnels
(iv) Put water in the funnels
Which one of the above is the first step?
- Which of the following types of soil erosion can best be controlled by building gabions?
A. Rill erosion
B. Sheet erosion
C. Gulley erosion
D. Splash erosion
- Heat from the sun reaches the earth's surface through
- Which is the largest planet?
- The chart below is of composition of air
The gas used in preserving food is
- Below are materials carried by class six pupils for use in a Science lesson.
(i) Clean water
(ii) Frosted glass
(iv) Oiled paper
Which of the above substances cannot allow light to pass through?
- The following are sources of water except
- Digestion of food ends in the
A. large intestine
D. small intestine
- The following are characteristics of nimbus clouds except
A. dark grey in colour
B. keeps on changing
C. found low in the sky
D. appears like bundles of cotton wool
- Which one of the following is a myth about HIV and AIDS?
A. HIV has no cure
B. HIV can be transmitted through mosquito bites
C. HIV is real
D. HIV is transmitted through body fluids
- Which pair contains cereal crops only?
A. Maize and beans
B. Sorghum and peas
C. Wheat and barley
D. Rice and groundnuts
- Which animal is correctly matched with its product?
A. Goat – Dairy
B. Broiler – Eggs
C. Sheep – Mohair
D. Pig – Mutton
- The digestive juice that helps in digesting fats and oils is manufactured in the
A. gall bladder
- The most effective method of controlling weeds is
B. digging out
- Which of the following diseases is its immunization given the most number of times?
- The following are disadvantages of inorganic fertilizers. Which one is NOT?
A. They are expensive
B. They pollute the soil if excessively used
C. They are not bulky
D. They do not improve the physical features of the soil
- The following are components of concentrates except
- Below is a simple circuit;
Which of the following substances if placed at M shall the bulb light?
- Which of the following crop pests mainly attack seedlings?
B. Stalk borer
- The chart below is of classification of plants;
Which of the following plants will fill in X, Y, Z respectively?
A. Beans, sisal, algae
B. Maize, cypress, fern
C. Sisal, moss, bracket tree
D. Peas, mould, puffball
- Which one of the following is found in the dermis part of the skin?
B. Sweat glands
D. Sweat pores
- The following are ways of controlling external parasites in livestock except
- A metallic plate can be made to be a sinker by changing its
- Below is a weather instrument;
The weather instrument above works on the principle that
A. liquids expand on heating
B. air exerts pressure
C. matter changes state on heating
D. air contracts on cooling
- One of the following is both a modern and traditional method of preserving food. Which one?
- The main purpose of adding ash in a compost heap is to
A. encourage faster decomposition
B. encourage circulation of air
C. supply additional nutrients
D. introduce bacteria to the compost
- Creep pellets are concentrates fed to
- The similarity between a toad and a hawk is that both are
A. cold blooded
C. warm blooded
- Below is a type of plant root;
Which of the following plants have the above type of root?
- Tuberculosis can best be prevented by
A. living in a well ventilated room
B. maintaining high standard of hygiene
C. getting a vaccination against the disease
D. avoiding overcrowded places
- A person with HIV tests negative during which stage?
C. Full blown
- One of the following is a way of conserving water by re-using. Which one is it?
A. Storing in dams
B. Closing all running taps when not in use
C. Using laundry water to clean the house
D. Using the drip method of irrigation
- A doctor advised a parent having child with a deficiency disease to feed the child mainly on proteins. The child was likely suffering from
- The diagram below is of a periscope.
Which letter shows the position of the image of the real object?
- Which of the following is not a narcotic drug?
- When you rub two balloons against your sweater and bring them together, they will
- Which of the following states of matter does not
change state on heating?
D. Both liquids and gases
- Class seven pupils performed the experiment below.
They concluded that water
A. is a good conductor of heat
B. changes state on heating
C. expands on heating
D. is a poor conductor of heat
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "SCIENCE - KCPE 2020 PREDICTION 1 SET 2", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics