- Which one of the following is six million seventy-five thousand three hundred and six?
- What is the total value of digit 5 in the number 2053408?
C. Ten thousand
- What is the number 356.8871 rounded off to the nearest tenths?
- What is the next number in the pattern 4, 6, 9, 14, 21,
- What is the value of ¾ ÷ 3/7 + 1/14 of 42/3
- The perimeter of a square flower garden is 10m. What is its area in m2?
B. 6 1/4
- A coffee factory processed 2.5 tonnes of coffee and later packed it into 250g packets. How many packets were obtained?
- The capacity of the tank below when half-full is 17.5 litres.
What is its height?
- The table below shows the number of people who attended a football match at Nyayo stadium.
Men Women Children 890 1294 ---------
- A newspaper agent sold a total of 5000 copies of newspaper at Sh 35 each. If he received a commission of Sh 8750, what was the percentage commission?
- The perimeter of a rectangular plot is 34m. The width measures 5m.
Calculate the length of its diagonal BD.
- In a wedding ceremony 40% of the people were women, 12% were men and the rest were children. If there were 450 people, how many children were there?
- In the figure below JHG is a straight line. JG is parallel to EF and FG = FH=FE and angle HGF = 40o.
What is the size of angle EHF?
- Mary bought the following items from a shop
(i) 2Kg of sugar @ Sh 100
(ii) 1 Kg of rice @ Sh 70
(iii) 3Kg of millet flour @ Sh 54
She was given a balance of Sh 568. How much had she given the shopkeeper?
A. Sh 900
B. Sh 500
C. Sh 1000
D. Sh 432
- A rectangular farm measures 1200m by 950m. It is fenced with four strands of wire. What was the length of the wire used in kilometres?
- A cylindrical tank has a volume of 2310 cm. Its height measures 15cm. What is its diameter?
- What is the value of
0.069 × 3.4
- A trader borrowed sh 30000 from bank to start a business. The bank charged a simple interest of sh 7200 for a period of two years. At what rate was the interest charged?
- A road on a map of scale 1:100000 is represented by 5cm. What was the actual length of the road in km?
- What is the value of X in the equation
3x − 3 + 2x = 10
A. 3 10/11
B. 3 8/11
- Ben and Victor shared some money such that Ben got of the money. If victor got sh 8400 more than Ben, how much money were they sharing?
A. sh 2800
B. sh 67200
C. sh 33600
D. sh 14000
- The area of a right angled triangle is 240m2. The height of the triangle is 30m. What is the length of the longest side?
- What is the difference between the L.C.M and H.C.F of 12, 18 and 36?
- Three bells ring at intervals of 12hrs, 18hrs and 24hrs respectively. The three bells rang together on Sunday at 8.30 am. When will they ring together again?
A. Tue, 2030h
B. Tue, 0830h
C. Wed, 2030h
D. Wed, 0830h
- What is the surface area of the solid below?
B. 300 m2
C. 1520 m2
D. 3000 m2
- The price of a ball decreased from sh 500 to sh 400. What was the percentage decrease in the price of the ball?
- A designer bought 171/4, metres of cloth to make dresses. Each dress was made from 27/8 metres of cloth. How many dresses were made?
- Lucy paid sh 1350 for a jacket after she was given a discount of sh 150. What was the percentage discount given?
- A cyclist rode from his home to the market at a speed of 30 km/h for 50 minutes. How far in kilometres is the market from his home?
- A closed cylinder has a diameter of 14cm and a height of 10cm. What is its surface area?
- Which of the following statements is true about the figure below?
A. a + b = d + f
B .c = e + b
C. a + b + e = 180°
D. f is complement of e
- Which of the following expressions is the simplified form of 4 (x – ½) + ½ (6x - 4)?
A. 7x + 4
C. 7x – 4
D. 71/4x - 4
- Rose is 5 times as old as Mary. If Rose is X years old, which of the following expressions represents their total ages in three years time?
A. 11/5x + 6
B. 11/5x +3
C. 6x + 6
D. 6x + 3
- Below is a magic square. Which number should be in the space marked X?
4 3 5 1 X 6
- In the year 2014 the price of a TV was sh 48200. Due to high demand the price was increased by 5% in the year 2015. What was the new price of the TV?
A. Sh 2410
B. Sh 50610
C. Sh 48205
D. Sh 241000
- A carton holds 48 dl of milk. If each packet holds 200ml, how many packets are in the carton?
- The distance between town A and B is 290 km. A motorist left town A at 10.35am and travelled to town B at an average speed of 50km/h. At what time did he reach town B.
- What is the value of Z2 + 3(y + z) when y=2 and z=3
- Machine A produced 2500 biscuits per hour, Machine B produced twice that of machine A. While machine C produced a fifth of both machine A & B. What was the total number of biscuits produced by the three machines in one hour?
- A meeting began at 10.45 am. After 2hrs 15 minutes, members went for 1hr 30min lunch break. The meeting then continued for 2hrs 1Ominutes. At what time in 24-hour clock system did the meeting end?
- Construct a triangle JKL such that.JK = KL = 6 cm and JL = 8 cm. Draw a circle that passes through the vertices J, K and L. What is the diameter of the circle?
- The fractions 2/3, 4/5, 1/4 and 5/6 are to be arranged from the largest to the smallest. Which of the following is the correct order?
A. 1/4, 2/3, 5/6, 4/5
B. 5/6, 2/3, 4/5, 1/4
C. 5/6, 4/5, 2/3, 1/4
D. 1/4, 2/3, 4/5, 5/6
- In order to complete digging a shamba in 28 days twelve workers are employed. How many more workers should be employed in order to complete the work in 21 days?
- The diagram below represents the shape of a flower garden made up of a rectangle and semicircular.
What is the perimeter of the garden?
- Njoki bought a radio whose marked price was sh 2000. She paid a deposit of sh 750 and eight monthly instalments of sh 225 each. How much less would she have paid had she bought it in cash?
A. Sh 550
B. Sh 2550
C. Sh 1800
D. Sh 750
- Owino had some money in the bank. Out of that money he gave 0.49 to his wife, 0.182 to his son and 0.326 to his daughter. What fraction of the money was he left with?
- The pie chart below shows the ages of 48 pupils in a std 8 class.
How many pupils are aged 11 years?
- What is the difference between the total value of digit 5 and digit 4 in number 865439?
- What is the value of 72.1 - 83.8 +33.8
- What is the next pattern?
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "MATHEMATICS - KCPE 2020 PREDICTION 1 SET 3", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics