- The daily production in kilograms of coffee by a certain factory was 29853. What was the production in kilograms to the nearest thousand?
- What is the place value of digit 9 in the product of 2.03 and 2.3?
- The population of Makueni county is 241,040. The total number of men and children is 174260 while the total number of men and women is 116,480. What is the total number of children in the county?
- Work out: (43/4 – 22/3) x 14/5 =
- Find the value of: (131/2)2
- What is the next number in the sequence ? 3, 7, 13, 21, 31, __
- From which of the following sets of measurements can a right-angled triangle be drawn?
A. 7cm 12cm 24 cm
B. 5cm 13cm 18 cm
C. 11cm 60cm 41cm
D. 7cm 24cm 25cm
- Express 61/4% as a fraction in its simplest form.
- Work out:
0.036 × 0.72
- What is the value of:
6 × 5(16−9)+95 ÷19
- Which is the correct order of writing the ratio 2:3, 4:5, 1:4, 3 : 4 from the smallest to the largest?
A. 4: 5, 3:5, 2:3, 1:4
B. 3:4, 4:5, 1:4, 2:3
C. 1:4, 2:3, 3: 4, 4:5
D. 1:4, 3:4, 4:5, 2:3
- Madaga was admitted in the hospital from 10th June to 4th September 2013. How many nights did he spend in the hospital?
- The level of water in Kentank was 1600 litres. It decreased by 20% each day. At the end of the 2nd day it rained heavily and 2000 litres was added. How much water was in the tank at the beginning of the third day?
A. 1224 L
B. 1024 L
C. 1480 L
D. 3024 L
- Nyang'au had the following money in his cash box: 4-one thousand shilling notes, 9-five hundred shilling notes, 6-two hundred shilling notes, 8-fifty shilling notes. He then changed all
the money into one hundred shilling notes. How many notes did he get?
- A distance of 8km is represented on a map by 8cm. What was the scale used?
B. 1: 1000000
C. 1: 10,000
D. 1: 100.000
- The volume of a cylinder is 10.78m3. If its height is 7m. What is the base area of the cylinder?
A. 1.54 m2
C. 154 m2
- Solve the equation;
3x−5 + 2x+3 = 4
- The diagram below has angle ABD measuring 30°, CDE=40o and angle CED = 55o.
Find the measure of angle BAC.
- Emolt ate 0.12 of the sugarcane. He gave 0.18 to his brother and the rest to his aunt. What percentage of the sugarcane was given to his aunt?
- Easy Coach Bus arrived in Kisumu on Wednesday at 0930h. It had taken 12 hours on the way. What time had it started the journey?
A. 2130 hrs
B. 0630 hrs
C. 1830 hrs
D. 0930 hrs
- Simplify the following inequality:
2x + 3 > 6x – 21
A. X < 6
B. 6 < x
C. X ≥ 6
D. X <4
- Find the area of the shaded part if the length of BC is 11 m?
B. 65 m2
C. 169 cm2
- A salesman is given a commission of 2% for every phone he sells and 3% for every calculator. The selling price of a phone is Shs. 15000 and that of a calculator is Shs. 4000. He sold 6 phones and 12 calculators. Find his total commission.
A. Shs. 18000
B. Shs. 1440
C. Shs. 3240
D. Shs. 138,000
- Which statement is false about the figure below?
A. 180° − c = f
B. b = h
C. c + d + e + f − 360°
D. b = e
- In an examination, Wafula scored x marks in English, y marks in Mathematics and 11 marks less in Science than in Mathematics. What was his total score in the three subjects?
A. x + 2y
B. x + 2y + 11
C. X + 2y - 11
D. x + y – 11
- The temperature of water was heated by 20oC and then cooled by 43°C. If the water was -3°C originally, what is the new thermometer reading?
- The cash price of an item is Sh. 3000. The hire purchase price is 25% more than the cash price. Mohammed paid a deposit of Sh. 1000 and paid the rest in 10 equal monthly instalments. How much did he pay in each instalment?
A. Sh. 300
B. Sh. 275
C. Sh. 375
D. Sh. 100
- The pie chart below shows how a school's expenses are incurred during one month. The school spends Sh. 13000 during the month on transport.
How much does the school spend on books during the month?
A. Sh. 110000
B. Sh. 200
C. Sh. 72000.
D. Sh. 22000
- Wafula had two-five hundred shilling notes for shopping. He bought the following items;
- 2kg of beef @ Sh. 180.00
- 3 packets of flours @ Sh. 65.00
- 3 bars of soap for Sh. 225.00
- 11/4 kg sugar @ Sh. 60.00
What balance did he get?
A. Sh. 145.00
B. Sh. 245.00
C. Sh. 155.00
D. Sh. 45.00
- A watch loses 30 seconds every one hour. If the watch was set right on Sunday at 11.30 p.m, what day and time did it show after 10 hours?
A. Monday, 9:25 p.m
B. Monday, 9:30 am
C. Monday, 9:25 a.mn
D. Monday, 8.35 a.m
- What is the product of the edges and vertices in the figure below?
- Construct triangle ABC where AB = 4cm, BC = 5 cm and AC = 3 cm. Draw a circle through the vertices of the triangle. What is twice diameter of the circle?
A. 4 cm
B. 5 cm
C. 2.5 cm
D. 10 cm
- The rectangular plot of land below is to be fenced using three strands of wire except one of the shorter sides.
What was the total length of wire used in metres?
A. 189 m
B. 76 m
C. 228 m
D. 63 m
- The charges of sending a telegram is Sh. 18 for the first ten words. Every other word after 10 words costs 75 cts. A tax of 15% of the total is charged. Wambua sent the following telegram. How much did he pay? Round off your answer to the nearest shilling.
PAUL KAMAU BOX 20 NYERI VISITING MERU MARCH THIS YEAR SEND FARE WAMBUA.
A. Sh. 21.00
B. Sh. 24.00
C. Sh. 25.00
D. Sh. 23.00
- The mean weight of 5 boys is 45 kg. Four of the boys weigh 50kg, 43kg, 40kg and 38 kg. Find the weight of the fifth boy.
A. 54 kg
- Which of the following statements is NOT true?
(i) A rhombus and a square are parallelograms
(ii) A rectangle is a parallelogram
(iii) A square is a special rhombus
(iv) A parallelogram is a special rhombus
- The floor of an office measures 6m by 4.5m. A carpet is laid on the floor 0.5 m from the wall all round. What area of the floor is left uncovered?
D. 27 m2
- 35 men can construct a road in 16 days. How many more days will 28 men take to construct the same road?
A. 4 days
B. 8 days
C. 20 days
D. 15 days
- If a = 2, b= 5, c = 8 and d = 10. Find the value of
2a + 3b − c + d ÷ a
- Find the area of the shaded part in the figure below.
A. 784 cm2
C. 392 cm2
- Line PQ below is one side of a quadrilateral PQRS. Complete the quadrilateral given that angles QPS = 70°, lines PS = 8cm, SR= 7cm and PQ=10 cm. What is the size of angle PSR?
- Calculate the volume of the given solid below. (Take π = 22/7 )
B. 644 cm3
D. 962.5 cm3
- The table below shows the postal rate for sending money orders
Value of order Commission Not exceeding Shs. 500 Shs. 52.00 Shs. 501 - Shs. 1000 Shs. 120.00 Shs. 1001 - Shs. 3000 Shs. 130.00 Shs. 3001 - Shs. 5000 Shs. 150.00 Shs. 5001 - Shs. 10000 Shs. 220.00 Shs. 10001 - Shs 20000 Shs. 315.00 Shs. 20001 - Shs. 30000 Shs. 450.00
A. Sh. 30,000
B. Shs. 27,500
C. Sh. 535
D. Sh. 28,035
- Sospeter arranged match sticks to form squares as shown below.
How many squares were formed altogether?
- The top of a ladder 26m long, leans on a vertical wall. The ladder touches the wall at a height of 10 metres. What is the perimeter of the shape formed?
A. 34 m
B. 120 m
C. 50 m
D. 60 m
- Find the sum of the sixth and eight perfect squares?
- Miss Morgan drove her car 120km/h in 11/2 hrs. She then covered the remaining 60km in half an hour. What was her average speed for the whole journey in m/s?
A. 180 m/s
B. 120 m/s
C. 33 m/s
D. 25 m/s
- Njuguna tethered his cow at the corner of a rectangular piece of land. If he used a rope 14 m long, what area was the cow likely to graze?
A. 154 m2
B. 77 m2
C. 385 m2
D. 22 m2
- The fare table below shows the fare from Nairobi to Kisumu.
How much more does Violet pay if she travelled from Nakuru stopping at Naivasha before proceeding to Nairobi than travelling from Nakuru to Nairobi?
A. Sh. 10
B. Sh. 40
C. Sh. 70
D. Sh. 60
- Below is a net of a solid.
Which one of the following solids can be formed from this net?
A. Triangular prism
B. Triangular pyramid
C. Rectangular prism
D. Square pyramid
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "MATHEMATICS - KCPE 2020 PREDICTION 1 SET 4", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics