- Which one of the following waste products is CORRECTLY matched with the organ that removes it from the body tissues?
Waste Products Organ A. Excess salts Lungs B. Carbon dioxide Skin C. Urea Lungs D. Excess water Kidney
- The sweat glands of the skin are found in the
A. dermis layer.
B. granular layer.
D. between dermis and epidermis.
- Which one of the following shows the path taken by urine from the kidneys?
A. Ureter, Urethra, Bladder.
B. Urethra, Ureter, Bladder.
C. Ureter, Bladder, Urethra.
D. Urethra, Bladder, Ureter
- Which one of the following is NOT a sexually transmitted infections?
- Which one of the following is the LAST to occur during the birth process?
A. Rapturing of the amnion sac.
B. Cutting of the umbilical cord.
C. Widening of the cervix.
D. Contraction of the uterus.
- Std 4 pupils went for a nature walk and observed a plant with blue flowers and fleshy stem. The plant observed was LIKELY to be
B. sodom apple.
C. wandering jew.
D. pig weed
- Which one of the following statements is TRUE about Aorta? It carries__________
A. oxygenated blood.
B. deoxygenated blood.
C. blood under low pressure.
D. blood to the heart.
- Which of the following statements is TRUE about nimbus clouds?
A. Their presence is a sign of fair weather
B. Appear high in the sky.
C. They have flat based and uneven edges.
D. They are dark grey in colour.
- Which one of the following is TRUE about part X and Y of the heart?
A. They carry blood to the heart.
B. They carry blood away from the heart.
C. They carry deoxygenated blood.
D. They bump blood to the various parts of the body.
- Which one of the following is NOT an excretory organ?
- Mr. Njuguna a std 7 science teacher, asked his pupils to collect the following materials.
i) Grass cuttings.
iii) Waste food.
iv) Layers of refuse.
vi) Wood ash
Which type of organic fertilizer were pupils LIKELY to prepare with their mulches?
A. Farm yard.
B. Organic mulches.
C. Compost manure.
D. Green manure.
- The type of beak below belong to bird that MOSTLY feed on
- Which of the following is WRONGLY matched
A. Sperm duct Transport semen to the urethra.
B. Ovary Ovulation.
C. Glands Produce fluid through which sperm swim.
D. Uterine wall Implantation
- Which one of the following is NOT a use of water in industries?
B. Making soft drinks.
C. Cooling machines.
- During a nature walk std 4 pupils observed the following crop.
It can be classified under
A. beverage crop.
B. oil crop.
C. fibre crop.
D. tuber crop.
- The following is a description of a stage of HIV/AIDS
i) No visible signs or symptoms.
ii) On testing one may be negative
iii) One can infect others.
The stage describe above is
A. window stage.
B. incubation stage.
C. symptomatic stage.
D. full blown stage.
- Which one of the following DOES NOT pollute river water?
A. Spraying of crops with pesticides
B. Releasing treated sewage water into a river.
C. Using fertilizers in farming.
D. Cultivating along the banks.
- In the immunization schedule of infants which disease is a child NOT immunized at the age of 6 weeks?
A. Whooping cough.
- During the construction of weather instruments, the following should be carried out EXCEPT:
A. in a wind vane the tail should be bigger than the arrow
B. in an air thermometer the scale should read from bottom to top.
C. in liquid thermometer the scale should read from the bottom to top
D. the sock in a wind sock should have two openings
- The following are symptoms of marasmus EXCEPT:
A. disappearance of muscles
B. bones become visible underneath the skin.
C. weak and soft bones
D. the child becomes a slow learner.
- Which one of the following groups of animal feeds constitute of a balanced diet?
A. Desmodium, Maize grains, Sweet potatoes.
B. Rice husks, Clover, Barley grains.
C. Salt licks, Desmodium, Lucern.
D. Mollasses, Napier grass, Wheat husks.
- Which one of the following LEAST transmits HIV?
A. Reproductive fluids.
D. Breast milk.
- Which one of the following is the BEST reason of tying the umbilical cord when the baby is
A. separate baby and mother.
B. prevent loss of blood.
C. for the navel.
D. to be able to cut
- Which one of the following is a way of conducting campaign against HIV/AIDS through the media? In___
A. chief baraza.
B. church services.
C market places.
- The following are the functions of saliva EXCEPT:
A. making food stick together.
B. has chemical substances that breaks down food.
C. does not help to make boluses slippery.
D. moistens the food.
Use the diagram below to answer question 26
- Plants are adapted to grow in different habitats.
This plant is an example of a
A. deciduous plant.
- Which one of the following statements about vertebrates is TRUE?
A. Fish and amphibians have scales.
B. Amphibians and reptiles lay their eggs on land.
C. Fish and birds have constant body temperature
D. Reptiles and birds lay fertilized eggs.
- In which one of the following processes is oxygen NOT used?
A. Making plant food.
C. Germination of seed.
- The following are parts of the digestive system. Which one of them DOES NOT produce enzyınes?
B. Gall bladder
D. Small intestine.
- Which one of the following CANNOT be separated by dissolving, filtering and evaporating?
A. Salt and sugar
B. Chalkpowder and salt.
C. Maize flour and sugar
D. Sand and sugar
- Which one of the following is NOT a method of maintaining simple tools?
A. Storing in a safe place.
D. Using them for the wrong purpose.
- Standard six pupils of Kieni School were investigating rill erosion. They demonstrated by pouring water
A. on a flat surface using a tin with many holes.
B. on a flat surface of soil.
C. at different positions of a slanting soil surface.
D. on channels of soil on slanting surface.
- Which one of the following is NOT true about the diagram below.
A. solids contract on heating.
B. solids conduct beat
C. the pin near the candle fell first.
D. heat melted the candle wax.
- A child had the following signs.
i) Wrinkled face
ii) Visible bones underneath the skin.
iii) Cried a lot.
iv) Looked weak.
The child was suffering from
- Why would Kinuthia use rollers to move a load?
A. Control the direction of the movement of the load.
B. Increase the force required to push the load.
C. Make the load lighter
D. Reduce the force that hinders movement.
- The diagram below represents the classification of plants.
Which plants could be written at Z and X respectively?
A. Lichen and algae.
B. Toadstool and algae.
C Mushroom and beans
D. Puffball and beans
- Which one of the following is a characteristic of hydrophyte?
A. Folding leaves
B. Reduced stomata.
C. Increased stomata
D. Thick cuticle
- Which one of the following are characteristics of flowers.
i) Large anthers.
ii) Fewer pollen grains.
iii) Feathery styles.
iv) Sticky stigma.
Which one of the following characteristics listed above are for wind pollinated flowers?
A i, iii
B. i, ii
C. ii, iii.
D. iii, iv
- Which one of the following is NOT important to consider when dissolving solids in liquids?
A. Amount of the liquid
C. Amount of the solid.
D. Size of the container.
- The diagram below represents a simple machine in use.
The machine makes work easier when
A. it balances between the fulcrum and effort.
B. effort is applied far away from the fulcrum.
C. effort is applied near the pivot.
D. the fulcrum is near the effort.
- A plant with thick cuticle is NOT likely to have
A. reduced stomata.
B. small leaves.
C. shallow roots.
D. silvery hairs.
- Which pair of plants stores food in the same part?
A. Carrot and cassava.
B. Irish potato and cassava.
C. Carrot and sugarcane
D. Cassava and onion.
- Which of the following practices will increase and reduce friction respectively?
A. Use of rollers and greasing,
B. Making the surface rough and oiling.
C. Oiling and use of treads.
D. Use of treads and making the surface rough
- The tip of the thread-like structures on a maize plant shown by letter X is called
- The following are some characteristics of soil.
i) Rough particles.
ii) Poor capillarity.
iii) Good drainage.
The characteristics are for
A. clay soil only.
B. loam soil.
C. clay and loam soil.
D. sand soil
- Which of the following liquids will form one layer when mixed?
A. Fresh milk and cooking oil.
B. Kerosene and cooking oil
C. Spirit and cooking oil.
D. Kerosene and spirit.
- Which one of the following sources of electricity will pollute the environment?
A. Petrol driven generators.
B. Geothermal driven generators
C. Bicycle dynamo.
D. Solar panel.
- Which one of the following consist of substances that have no definite shape but have a definite mass?
A. Ink, Cooking oil. Ice
B. Oxygen, Chalk, Oil, Ice.
C. Flour, Chalk dust, Soil.
D. Toothpaste, Kerosene, Air.
- A bicycle dynamo is an example of a
B. solar panel
- A piece of metal sinks in water. Which one of the following properties of metal will make it float on water if changed?
B. Type of material
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "SCIENCE - KCPE 2020 PREDICTION 1 SET 4", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics