Instructions to candidates
- Read the test carefully.
- Text books and recipes may be used during the planning session as reference materials.
- You will be expected to keep to your order of work during the practical session.
- You are only allowed to take away your reference materials at the end of the planning session.
- You are not allowed to bring additional notes to the practical session.
You plan to go out for a picnic with your brother and sister. Using all the ingredients listed below prepare, cook and pack two suitable items for the three of you. Include a refreshing drink
- Plain wheat flour/arrowroots/sweet potatoes/green maize
- egg/ Sausage
- Fruits in season
For each task listed below, use separate sheets of paper and a carbon paper to make duplicate copies then proceed as follows:
- Identify the dishes and write their recipes.
- Write your order of work.
- Make a list of food stuff and equipment you will require.
|Area of assessment||Maximum score||Actual score||Remarks|
|Preparation and cooking |
|3||Methods of cooking at (least 2) |
Quality of results
- Protein dish
- Carbohydrates dish
- Vitamin dish
- Drink 2
|- Use of clean and appropriate packing utensils (2) |
- Appropriate bag(2)
- Use of well laundered linen for spreading(2)
- Appropriate centre piece (1)
|• Hygiene |
- Food (1)
- Equipment (1)
- Personal (1)
• Economy of resources
- Water (1)
- Food (1)
- Fuel (1)
• Clearing up
- During work (1)
- After work (2)
|Grand total divided by 2||50/2|