Answer all the questions in the spaces provided
- The table below shows the occupations in production. Indicate the level of production associated with each of occupation. (4mks)
Occupation Level of production Mining Oil refining Insurance Teaching
- State four reasons as to why it is difficult to satisfy all human wants. (4mks)
- State four ways in which production activities may negatively impact on community healthy. (4mks)
- Outline four circumstances that make clothes one of the basic human wants. (4mks)
- Below are some factors that influences the operation of business enterprise. Indicate with a tick (√) in the appropriate column the business environment associated with each of the factors. (4mks)
Factors Internal External Depreciation of kenya shilling Drought Increase in cost of raw materials Skilled managers
- Highlight four measures consumers may use to satisfy unlimited wants. (4mks)
- State four advantages of division of labour. (4mks)
- Highlight four reasons that make indirect production superior to direct production.(4mks)
- Outline the circumstance under which each of the following characteristics of human wants may be observed.
- Complimentary wants. (2mks)
- Habitual wants. (2mks)
- List four types of utility and the production activity associated with each of them. (4mks)
- Give four differences between human resources and man-made resource. (4mks)
- State four factors that may affect geographical mobility of a labour. (4mks)
- Outline four differences between goods and services. (4mks)
- Give four features of subsistence production. (4mks)
- Give the meaning of the following terms
- Renewable resources (2mks)
- Non- renewable resources. (2mks)
- Name the factor of production for each of the following resources (4 mks)
- Define the following terms scarcity.
- Scarcity (2mks)
- Opportunity cost (2mks)
- Classify each of the following into generic or enterprise competition (4mks)
- Coffee seller competing with tea sellers.
- Kenya literature bureau competing with longhorn publisher.
- A television station competing with a radio in entertaining customers.
- Boys of mountain school competing with the girls from lower school in academic.