Answer all the questions in the spaces provided
- Highlight four positive impacts of the physical environment on the operations of a business. 4mks
- Outline four features of oligopoly power. 4mks
- State four circumstance under which photocopying may be used to reproduce documents in a school. 4mks
- State four reasons why diagonal communication needs to be encouraged in an organization. 4mks
- List four characteristics of land as a factor of production which distinguish it from other factors of production. 4mks
- Give the name of the insurance policy described in the following table. 4mks
Description Name of policy Covers ships while on a specified voyage and time. Covers a specified peril when the ship is either being loaded, offloaded or served. Covers cargo against loss or damage while being transported by ship. One policy used to cover a number of ships belonging to one organization.
- State four benefits that a subsistence producer may get by participating in exchange of goods. 4mks
- Study the diagram below and answer the questions that follow.
State four factors that are responsible for the change in the diagram above. 4mks
- State four circumstances under which a wholesaler and a retailer may be removed from the chain of distribution.
- Identify the following Acts of Parliament used by the government to protect the consumer. 4mks
Description Act of parliament (i) Requires that traders maintain high standards of hygiene (ii) Requires that traders use correct weighing equipment (iii) Requires that producers do not include harmful substances in products (iv) Requires that traders only engaged in business which they are permitted
- List four documents prepared by the buyer in home trade. 4mks
- Give four features of economic recourses. 4mks
- Outline four tools used by the government to influence the quantity of a product supplied in a market. 4mks
- Highlight four factors that may be used to determine the size of a firm. 4mks
- The diagram below shows the current demand for petrol.
- What is the effect of an increase in the price of cars on demand for petrol 2mks
- Draw a new demand curve on the diagram above to show the effect of an Increase in price of cars 2mks
- State four reasons why few Kenyans take out life assurance policies.
- In the table given below, give the appropriate type of advertising which suits the description. 4mks
Description Type of advertising a Persuades the consumers to buy a product b Promotes a particular brand of product c Creates awareness about a product d Promotes the name of the manufacturer
- Highlight four disadvantages of a long channel of distribution of goods to a buyer. 4mks
- Highlight four major challenges that may face a developing country in its quest to adopt containerization as a method of transport. 4mks
- State four reasons why consumers have to make a choice between competing needs. 4mks
- Identify the macro-environmental factors affecting business operations as described by the following statements. (4mks)
- Laws and policies that regulate business activities……………………………
- Affects buyer’s ability to buy commodities offered by a business………………..
- Firms selling similar products trying to outdo each other in their efforts to maximize profits
- Dictates how people live and what products they consume ……………………….
- Outline four features of Itinerant traders. 4mks
- Nyeri Youth Group wants to start a warehouse service business in their ward. State any four essential factors they should consider for their warehouse to function effectively. 4mks
- Highlight four circumstances under which a partnership business would be preferred to a sole proprietorship. 4mks
- Define the following components of business studies. 4mks
- Office practices_________________________________________________
FORM THREE BUSINESS STUDIES