When aero plane left town P (65º N,15º E) to another town Q (65º N,165º W) at a speed of 200 knots using the shortest route. Take π = 22/7 and radius of the earth R= 6370 km.
- Calculate the distance travelled in nautical miles.
- Calculate the time taken to travel from P to Q in hours.
- Another plane left P at 1.30 pm local time and travelled to T (65ºN,60ºE) along a parallel of latitude. Calculate the:
- Distance between P and T to the nearest km
- Local time of arrival at town T if the plane flew at the speed of 470 km/h