Three businessladies Wanjiku, Muthoni and Njoki decided to buy a lorry. The .marked price of the lorry was 2.8million shillings. The dealer agreed that the ladies could pay a deposit of 60% of the marked price and the rest to be paid within a year.The ladies raised the deposit in the ratio of 3:2:5 respectively. At the end of the year the lorry had realized 2.08million shillings which the three shared in the ratio of their contribution. However, they were required to contribute for the balance of the lorry from these earnings again in the ratio of their original contributions.
- calculate amount to be paid as deposit
- how much did each contribute to pay for the deposit?
- how much did Njoki receive at the end of the year?
- calculate the total amount Muthoni and Njoki contributed to pay for the balance.
- how much money did Wanjiku remain with after paying her share of the balance?