The table shows the elements in period 3 of the periodic table. Study it and answer the questions that follow.
| Element|| Na || Mg || Al || Si || P || S || Cl || Ar |
- Write the formulae of two oxides, for each of the following
- The products of the reaction between phosphorus and chlorine depend on the conditions used. Write the equation for the reaction when chlorine reacts with excess phosphorus.
- Identify the element with the highest electrical conductivity. Give a reason.
- Describe an experiment that can be used to illustrate the variations in reaction of sodium, magnesium and aluminium with water.
- State and explain the differences in the melting points of:
- Chlorine and argon.
- magnesium oxide and silicon(IV) oxide.