- What is 4404040.25 written in words?
- Four million four hundred and four thousand and forty point two five.
- Four million four hundred and four thousand and fourty and twenty five hundredths.
- Four million four hundred and forty thousand and forty and twenty five hundredths.
- Four million four hundred and four thousand and forty four and twenty five hundredths.
- How many groups of hundreds are there in the value of digit 6 in the number 7462384?
- A nurse was on leave from 7th January 2012 to 9th April 2012. For how many days was she not at work?
- What is the value of;
22(18 − 32 + 48 ÷ 4) − 3 + 2?
- Bus A leaves the station after every 15 minutes, bus B after every 30 minutes and bus C after every 45 minutes. The three buses left the station together at 6:00am. At what time will they leave together again?
- What is 13/24 converted into a decimal correct to 3 decimal places?
- In the figure below, line AB is parallel to line CD. Line EF = FG and angle = AEG 50°. What is the value of angle
- Musa bought the following items from a shop.
- 2-2kg packets of wheat flour @sh. 210
- 1½ kg rice for sh. 135
- 2- ½litre packets of milk @sh.65
- A bar of soap for sh.150
- 2 loaves of bread at sh.55
He paid using a sh.1000 note. How much should he add to the shopkeeper in order to get his balance as sh. 100?
- Sh. 55
- Sh. 45
- Sh. 25
- Sh. 35.
- What is the value of;
0.5 x 0.8 − 0.25 of 0.4 ?
- A meeting started at 8:30am. The first session took 3hrs 15minutes before a forty- minutes break. The second session took 2 hours 45minutes before the meeting ended. At what time did the meeting end in 24-hour clock system?
- What is the perimeter of the figure below?
- What is the simplified form of the expression below?
3(pr+mn) + 2(pr − mn) − mn
4(pr+mn) + 3(mn − pr) − pr − 2mn
- Hamisi spent 1/12 of his salary on transport, 1/3 on food and 3/7 of the remainder on rent. The rest was spent on school fees. If he spent sh.17000 on school fees, how much does he earn?
- Sh. 45000
- Sh. 51000
- Sh. 68000
- Sh. 60000
- Okinyi paid sh. 11100 for a wheelbarrow after getting a discount of 71/2%. How much less would he have paid had he been given a discount of 10%?
- Sh. 1200
- Sh. 90
- Sh. 300
- Sh. 100
- A ranch is represented on a map by a rectangle measuring 2cm by 3cm. If the scale used is 1:50000, what is the actual area of the ranch in hectares?
- 40% of a certain amount of money is sh. 3600. What is 70% of the same amount?
- Sh. 6300
- Sh. 5600
- Sh. 6400
- The area of a square plot is 0.25 hectares. It was fenced using four strands of wire. What was the total length of wire used?
- What is the area of the figure below?
(Таkе л = 22/7 )
- Construct triangle JKF where line JK = 2.5cm, line KF = 6cm and angle JKF = 90°. Draw a circle touching its vertices. Measure the radius.
- By what ratio must 540 kg be decreased to get 450kg?
- The table below shows the number of pupils in upper primary in a certain school.
Class/ grade 4 5 6 7 8 No. of pupils 25 22 36 30 28
- Mamba deposited sh. 15000 in a bank that pay simple interest at the rate of 8% p.a. What was the total amount of interest in his account after 2 years?
- Sh. 17494
- Sh. 2496
- Sh. 17400
- Sh. 2400
- What is the volume of the solid below?
- What is the value of x in the equation:
4x+3 + 2x+2 = 5
- Which of the following numbers increases by a thousandth?
- 0.1234, 0.2234, 0.3234, 0.4234
- 0.1234, 0.1244, 0.1254, 0.1264
- 0.1234, 0.1334, 0.1434, 0.1534
- 0.12334, 0.1235, 0.1236, 0.1237
- A room measures 12m by 8m. It was to be covered with square tiles of sides 25cm. How many tiles were needed altogether?
- Mugo gave 0.25 of his land to his son, 0.2 to his daughter and 0.5 of the remainder to his wife. He was left with 5.5 hectares. How big was his original piece of land?
- A truck travelling at a speed of 54km/h took 20seconds to cross a bridge. How long was the bridge?
- The mean mass of 40 boys is 50kg. When two boys of equal mass leave, the mean mass becomes 50.2kg. What is the
average mass of the two boys who left?
- By selling a motorbike for sh.60750, a trader makes 121/2% profit. What was the buying price of the motorbike?
- Sh. 50000
- Sh. 56000
- Sh. 54000
- Sh. 56500
- A trader had 1500L of milk. He packed1/3 of the milk into half litre packets, 250litres of the milk into quarter litre packets and the rest into 2dl packets. How many packets did he obtain altogether?
- If m=2, n=m+3 and p = mn, what is the value of;
mn2 + n(p − m) ?
- The following are properties of quadrilaterals.
- Has two pairs of parallel sides.
- Diagonals bisect at 90°.
- Diagonals are equal.
Which quadrilateral is described above?
- The trough below was painted both inside and outside.
What was the total area painted?
- A section of the road 4.8km long is planted with trees at a regular interval of 4m on both sides. How many trees are planted altogether?
- In a farm, the ratio of cows to sheep is 3:5. The ratio of sheep to goats is 2:5. If there are 50 goats in the farm, how many animals are in that farm?
- A salesman is paid a basic salary of sh.14500 and a commission of 2% on goods sold above sh.50000. In one month, he earned a total of sh.18500. What was the value of goods sold that month?
- Sh. 200000
- Sh. 250000
- Sh. 400000
- Sh. 450000
- A watch was set right on Monday at noon. The following Monday at showing the time as 11:46am. How many seconds was it losing per hour?
- 10 seconds
- 6 seconds
- 15 seconds
- 5 seconds
- What is the value of;
2/5 + 1/3 of 3/7 × 7/9 + 3/4 ?
- Which of the following measurement cannot be used to draw a right angled triangle?
- 2¼ cm, 3cm, 3¾cm
- 2½ cm, 6cm, 6½cm
- 0.6cm. 0.8cm, 0.1cm
- 0.9cm, 1.2cm, 1.5cm
- The area of the plot below is 1.44 hectares. What is the length of the side marked x?
- A lorry weighs 7.1 tonnes when loaded with 120kg bags of potatoes. How many bags were loaded if the empty lorry weighs 1.7 tonnes?
- The pie chart below shows the number of tourists who visited a park from different countries in one day.
If 50 more tourists visited the park from Nigeria than Kenya, how many tourists visited the park from both Tanzania and Uganda?
- The net below was folded to form a solid.
What solid did the net form?
- Triangular prism
- Triangular pyramid
- Rectangular prism
- Rectangular pyramid.
- The cost of a book is sh.b. The cost of a pen is sh. 20 less than the cost of a book. How much does one pay for 2 books and 3 pens?
- Sh.(5b + 60)
- Sh.(5b − 60)
- Sh.(3b + 60)
- Sh.(3b − 60)
- Construct a parallelogram WXYZ where line WX=7cm, line XY=4.5cm and angle WXY=100°. What is the measure of the longer diagonal?
- 20 painters can decorate a house in 9 days. How many more days will it take 12 painters to decorate the same house?
- A book has 375 pages. Each page has 36 lines and each line has 15 words. How many words are in that book altogether?
- The table below shows postal charges for ordinary and express money orders.
Value of order. (sh) Ordinary comm(Sh) Express comm(Sh) Up to 500
501 - 1000
1001 to 2000
2001 to 5000
5001 to 10000
10001 to 20000
20001 to 50000
- Sh. 540
- Sh. 41040
- Sh. 40500
- Sh. 42540
- The graph below shows Odhiambo's journey from town X to town Y and back.
What was his average speed towards town Y after the rest?