Read the following passage and answer questions 1-5.
A school assembly is a gathering done on the assembly grounds to get information from teachers and the management. There are prayers and songs held at the beginning of assemblies.
There is a certain order to follow during assembly speeches. It starts with the school prefects and ends with the principals. An assembly takes 10 to 25 minutes.
Assemblies are important because they help pass information. They also enable teachers to inspect the hygiene of the learners. It helps to develop unity. It is also an avenue for good performance recognition by giving awards. The awards can be: mathematical sets, trophies or school shoes.
- What is a school assembly?
- A gathering that helps a preacher deliver his sermons.
- It is a school competition gathering.
- A gathering done to get information from teachers and the school management.
- A ceremonial wedding gathering.
- What is done at the beginning of a school- assembly?
- How long does an assembly take?
- 10 to 25 minutes.
- 10 to 48 minutes.
- 25 to 38 minutes.
- 30 minutes.
- The following are awards received during assemblies except
- mathematical sets
- school shoes.
- A school assembly speech follows a certain order. Which one is it?
- It starts with school prefects and ends with the principal.
- Starts with teachers and ends with the school prefects.
- Starts with the principal and ends with the teachers.
- The principal talks all through.
Read the dialogue below and answer questions 6 -10.
Hare: Good morning Hippo.
Hippo: Good morning Hare.
Hare: Why have you not gone to the farm?
Hippo: I have not gone to the farm due to the high rains that occurred yesterday. Hare: But Hippo, this is the right time to plant.
Hippo: I know, only that I don't feel like leaving this pool. I just want to swim Hare: That's laziness.
- How many animals are in the dialogue above?
- Why does hippo want to stay in the pool?
- He wants to swim.
- He wants to plant.
- He wants to watch animals.
- He is waiting for hare.
- When hare tells hippo that 'this is the right time to plant', what is Hippo's reply?
- 'Good morning hare'
- 'No, I don't know'
- 'This is the right time to plant'
- 'I just want to swim'
- When did the rains occur?
- Last week.
- Supper time
- According to the dialogue, Hippo is described as
Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow.
Mwaura is a ten-year old boy. He comes from Kiambu county. He loves eating chips and chicken. Mwaura is 1.3 metres tall.
He has two best friends. They are Njeri and Otieno. They love playing games together. They play football, basketball and netball together. They also go to the same school. Their school is known as Mirema Integrated School.
Last week, the three friends visited the Boma children's home. They gifted the children with food stuffs, balls and school shoes. The children at Bomą children's home appreciated their kindness.
- How old is Mwaura?
- 5 years old
- 6 years old
- 8 years old
- 10 years old
- How tall is Mwaura?
- How many best friends does Mwaura have?
- Which children's home did the friends visit last week?
- What school do the friends go to?
- Boma children's home.
- International school
- Mirema Integrated school.
- Boma junior school.
Read the cloze test below and use the answers provided to fill the blanks.
My brother's name is Allan. He is ___16___ handsome boy. ___17___ are best friends. He likes ___18___ meat. His favourite pet is a ___19___. His pet loves meat.
He owns a ___20___ which he rides everyday. He loves going to the library. I love my brother very ___21___.
Choose the adverb in the following sentences.
- She walked quickly.
- He sang the song beautifully.
- He ate his food hurriedly.
Give the plural of the sentences below.
- She gave me a pen.
- She gave us pens.
- They gave us pens.
- She gaves pens.
- We gave them pens.
- The tree has a fruit.
- The trees have fruits.
- The trees has fruits.
- The tree has a fruits.
- The trees has fruits.
Choose the correct sound of each animal.
- A donkey _________________________.
- A bird __________________________.
- An elephant __________________________________.
Use the correct conjunction to fill in the blank space.
- Mary _________________________Atieno came home.
You have 40 minutes to write your composition.
Write a composition about;
A ROAD ACCIDENT