- The Bible As The Inspired Word Of God.
- Reasons That Lead To Translation Of The Bible Into Local Languages
- Advantages Of Translating The Bible Into Various Local Languages
The Bible As The Inspired Word Of God.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- The Bible is a collection of Holy Book
- The Bible is the inspired word of God.
Why the Bible is the inspired word of God
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- The Bible contains the word of God which is used for
- teaching the truth
- rebuking wrongs
- correcting faults
- giving instructions for right living
- It is divided into 2 testaments, Old Testament and New Testament.
- Testament means covenant or agreement.
- There are 66 books in the Bible.
- Old Testament has 39 books while the New Testament has 27 books.
- The Bible was written by people who were inspired by God.
The Authors Who Were Inspired To Write The Old And The New Testaments
- The Bible was written by different authors.
- The authors were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- They were written by Moses
- Genesis means origin or beginning
- Exodus means coming out or departure
- Numbers means census
- Leviticus explains rules and regulation of priests
|1 Samuel||Samuel, Gad, Nathan|
|2 Samuel||Gad and Nathan|
|Song of Solomon||Solomon|
|Acts of apostle||Luke.|
|Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians ,Galatians
Ephesians, Philippians ,Colossians, 1 Thessalonians ,
2 Thessalonians , 1 timothy , 2 Timothy , Titus Philemon
|1 Peter, 2 Peter||Peter|
|James||James, the brother of Jesus|
|1 John, 2 John, 3 John||John|
|Jude||Jude, the brother of Jesus|
- Revelation is the last book of the Bible and the New Testament.
- It was written by John after having a vision on Patmos Island.
Reasons That Lead To Translation Of The Bible Into Local Languages
- Old Testament, It was originally written in Hebrew.
- It was written before Jesus Christ came to exist physically.
- It was later translated to Greek and other languages
- New Testament, It was originally written in Greek.
- Written after Christ
- The Bible was translated into local languages to help the missionaries spread the word of God easily.
Advantages Of Translating The Bible Into Various Local Languages
- Bible translation enabled the missionaries to put the word into languages which the local people could understand.
- The translation of the Bible enabled the missionaries to learn local languages
- The gospel reached more people because the language of communication was familiar.
- More Africans learnt to read and write hence they were able to read the Bible for themselves
- Education was promoted, by the good work of translation of the Bible.
Download The Bible - Christian Religious Education CBC Grade 6 Revision Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students