- What is nine million one hundred and nine thousand and nine written in symbols?
- In a polling station the number of registered voters was 679495. What was the number rounded off to the nearest ten thousands?
- What is the sum of the total values of digits 6 and 2 in the number 864280?
- What is the value of 96120 divided by 24?
- What is the value of 1/8 + (1/3 ÷ 1/6) ?
- What is the place value of digit 4 in the number 58.3948?
- Ten thousandths
- What is the circumference of the circle drawn below?
- A hotel buys 41.5 litres of milk every day. How many litres of milk did the hotel buy in the month of January, February and March year 2021?
- The figure below shows angles formed by two intersecting lines.
Which of the following pair of angles are vertically opposites?
- f and h
- f and g
- e andf
- What is the next number in the series
12, 14, 17, 22, 29 _____ ?
- What is the actual length of a road in kilometres that measures 4cm on a map drawn to a scale of 1:400000?
- 0.16 km
- A sales lady salary of sh 4000 was increased by 16%. What was the new salary of the sales lady?
- sh. 640
- sh. 3360
- sh. 4640
- sh. 10460
- A dairy company donated 60 carton of milk to a pre-school. If each carton contained 80-2dl packet of milk, how many litres of milk was donated?
- The perimeter of a square plot of land is 216m. What is the area of the plot quare metres?
- Muli bought the following items from a supermarket.
1kg sugar @sh. 115
½kg rice @sh. 110
2kg maize flour for sh. 130
2 loaves of bread @sh. 45
If he paid using sh. 1000 note, how much balance did he get back?
- sh. 725
- sh. 610
- sh. 275
- sh. 390
- Which of the following statement is incorrect about an equilateral triangle?
- All sides are equal
- Sum of angles add upto 180°
- All angles are equal
- Base angles are equal
- A train left Nairobi at 6.15pm and took 2¼ hrs to reach Mombasa. At what time in 12 hour clock system did it reach Mombasa?
- A motorist drove from Nakuru to Naivasha town a distance of 360km taking 4 hours. What was the average speed in kilometres per hour for the joumey?
- What is the L.C.M of 30, 40 and 60?
- The table below shows number of eggs sold by a vendor in a week.
Days Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun No. sold 22 16 22 17 24 20 26
- Using a ruler and a pair of compass construct triangle XYZ such that line XY=8cm, YZ=7cm and XZ = 6.5cm. Measure the size of angle YZX.
- Which of the following is the correct order 3/5, 5/8, 7/10, and ½ of arranging from the largest to the smallest?
- ½, 3/5,5/8, 7/10
- 3/5, 7/10, 5/8, ½
- ½, 7/10, 5/8, 3/5
- 7/10, 5/8, 3/5, ½
- The table below show time table of a bus between different towns
Town Arrival time Departure time Nairobi
- 31/6 hrs
- 15/6 hrs
- 3½ hrs
- What is the difference between the L.C.M of 15, 20 and 25 and the G.C.D of 45, 75 and 90?
- A lorry is carrying 90 cartons each holding 40 tins of cooking fat. If each tin weighs 500g, what was the total mass of tins in kilograms?
- In a class the number of boys is 1/3 and the rest are girls. If there were 40 girls in the class, how many pupils were there in total/
- A lady sold milk from 12th January to 9th March 2020. For how many days did she sell the milk?
- The figure below represents a stack made of cuboids.
How many cuboids are used to make the stack drawn above?
- Using a ruler and a pair of compass construct triangle MNT such that line MN=5cm, NT=4 cm and angle MNT=120°. Bisect angle MNT and let the bisector meet line MT at S Measure the length of line MS.
- The figure below shows a school ground.
An athletee run all round the field two times, how many metres did he cover? (Take π=22/7)
- What is 7.5% written as a fraction to its simplest from possible.
- The table below shows postal rates for sending money order.
Order value in shs. Commission
Not exceeding 500
500 - 1000
3001 - 5000
5001 - 10000
10001 - 20000
20001 - 30000
A father sent school fees for his two children as follows sh. 10500 and sh. 17400 respectively. How much commission did he pay at the post office?
- sh. 617
- sh. 1058
- sh. 736
- sh. 882
- What is the value of
- What is the value of 16.42 − (3.16 + 8.4)
- A staff meeting ended at 5.00pm after taking 5 hours 55 minutes. At what time did the meeting started?
- The figure below shows a rectangular tank.
If the tank is to be filled with water using 50 litres container, how many containers will be required to fill the tank?
- A square garden has an area of 10.24m2. What is the length of each side in centimetres?
- Work out the value of 22/3 × 3½?
- In a harambee there were 850 adults and 457 children. If each adult contributed sh. 200 and each child contributed sh. 100, how much money was collected altogether?
- sh. 215700
- sh. 176400
- sh. 91400
- sh. 21750
- What is the value of 5(3y - 2x) - 13y + 6x to its simplest form possible?
- 28y + 4x
- 2y + 4x
- 2y − 4x
- 28y + 16x
- The pie chart below shows how a lady spent her salary.
If her salary was sh. 56000, how much money did she spent on rent?
- sh. 21000
- sh. 14000
- sh. 28000
- sh. 32000
- What is the area of the triangle drawn below.
- Joel got 80% of the total marks in the end term examination. If the total marks was 500, how many marks did he lose on the examination?
- What is the value of t in the equation
4t − 6 + 36t = 60?
- The price of a text book is sh. 600. If the price was decreased by 15%, what was the new price of the book?
- sh. 570
- sh. 690
- sh. 450
- sh. 510
- The diagram below shows a cuboid whose length is 0.48m and a width of 0.25m.
If its volume is 0.042m3, what is the length of its height (h) in centimetres?
- A vendor sold 2500 copies of daily nation news paper at sh. 70 each. If the vendor got 8% of the total sales, how much money did the vendor receive from the sales?
- sh. 50000
- sh. 14000
- sh. 35000
- sh. 70000
- In the figure below line AB = AC, angle ABC=50°, angle ECA=15° and angle BAD= angle DAC.
What is the size of angle AEC?
- In the figure drawn below, the radius of the circle is 35cm with a centre O.
Take π = 22/7
What is the area of the shaded part?
- The bar graph drawn below shows amount of rainfall recorded in a week.
What was the amount of rainfall recorded in the last four days of the week?