- Commonly Abused Drugs
- Myths and Misconceptions of HIV/AIDS
Drug is any substances other than food that, alters the functioning of the body.
Drug misuse -This is the usage of any drug for any other purpose other than the recommended one.
Drug abuse -This is using of drug to a way that the body cannot work without it.
- Miraa (khat)
- Heroin/opium-from poppy plant
- Cocaine-from coca plant
- Inhalants eg petrol and glue.
- Sniffing eg heroine,cocaine
- Chewing eg miraa
- Injection eg cocaine
- Smoking eg cocaine,bhang,tobacco,heroin
- Drinking eg alcohol.
Narcotic Drugs/illegal drugs
- Causes lung cancer eg tobacco
- Causes liver cirrhosis eg alcohol
- Causes breathimg difficulties eg heroin.
- Causes mouth cancer eg miraa
|Health effects||Social effects|
A myth is a false idea or a false story that many people believe is true.
A conception is a wrong or untrue idea which people believe because they do not have the facts or do not understand it at all.
- Love and care
- Adequate diet.
- Medical care