Read the conversation below. Use the appropriate words to complete it.
June: Hallo Carlos ...
Carlos: ___1___ June. How do you do?
June: I beg your ___3___ Carlos; did you borrow a big yellow book from Lenox?
Carlos : ___4___, I forgot to return it. Here it is.
June: ___5___ for returning it.
|1.||How are you?||Hallo||Fine||Sorry|
|2.||How do you do?||Fine!||Thanks!||Hallo!|
|5.||Pardon||Thank you||May I||Fine|
Read the passage below and then answer questions 6 - 9.
Ray and Roy were alike as two peas. One could not tell from one the other. The twins were inseparable. To add insult to the injury, they were in the same club, scouting.
Their teachers always found it difficult to identify the boys. On several occassions they played tricks on us as well as our teachers. I remember this day very well when Ray had not completed his assignment. The saying better late than never had fallen on deaf ears for he had not attempted.
Soon the teacher came and we were all made to stand and books were read name by name and at last it was discovered that Ray's book was missing. The teacher glared menancingly at Ray and marched towards him. Panic striken, Ray pointed at Roy and said, "He is Ray."
The teacher stood confused while Roy sat silently on his seat pointing a finger to Ray. The class roared with laughter. It turned out to be an amusing lesson.
- In which club did Ray and Roy participate?
- First Aid
- "Ray and Roy were inseparable." This means they:-
- were separate
- could be separated
- were always together
- were to be separated
- "The teacher glared menacingly"........... the word "glared" means:-
- at a glance
- look quickly
- look smartly
- look in an angry way
- The phrase "alike as two peas" is called ___________________________________
- proper noun
Read the passage below then answer questions 10 - 13.
Several thousands of bees live in one hive. They are of three kinds. First of all, there is a queen. There is only one queen bee in a hive. There are also a few hundreds of male bees called drones. The last group are the workers. In one hive the workers are in thousands.
Workers are females like the queen although they cannot lay eggs. They are the smallest bees in the hive.
All the eggs are laid by the queen. After about five days each egg hatches out into a little white larva. The larvae needs food and are fed with bee - milk. The bee - milk is food rich in protein.
- The three kinds of bees mentioned in the passage can be classified as:-
- Which kind of bee makes the bee - milk?
- worker bee
- The eggs usually hatch after _________________________ days.
- Which of the following statement is NOT true?
- Drones are more than the worker bees in a hive.
- Queen feeds on bee - milk.
- Worker bees lay most of the eggs.
- Worker bees feed the larvae with the bee - milk.
Read the passage below and fill in the blank spaces in questions 14 - 18.
Due to lack of rains, a severe ___14___ occured. Women and children suffered most. Food was scarce and the children suffered from ___15___. The people needed a balanced ___16___ to get all ___17___.
The Red Cross movement took bags of maize, cooking oil and flour to the affected families. The medics insisted on proper
For questions 19 to 30, answer the questions according to instructions.
- As the girl ________________________ writing Moses spilt ink on her book.
- will be
- We should listen _________________________ our elders.
- Ray is the _________________________ of the twins.
- more short
- Our cat has killed all the _________________________ in the store.
- She has spent _________________________ hour in the hospital.
- I believe it is my sweater. It is _________________________
- Pick the word which is correctly spelt.
- Atieno had _________________________ when the bell rang.
- The cat is _________________________ the balls.
- infront of
- A dog is to kennel as a _________________________ is to hutch.
- The oldman died _________________________ cancer.
- Ochome was very tired _________________________ refused to take a rest.
Write an interesting narrative starting with the following words.
Once upon a time ......................................................................................................................................