- How to know when my body needs water.
- Ways of Taking Clean Water
- Healthy Eating Habits
- Food Intake During Physical Activity
- Nutrition refers to the process of obtaining nutrients that are necessary for the proper functioning and growth of the body.
- Hydration refers to the state of the body having enough water while dehydration is lack of the required amount in the body..
- The human body is composed of about 75% water.
- The darker your urine, the more likely you are not drinking enough water to maintain health.
Apart from physical activities, the following could also lead to dehydration.
- Hot weather causing you to sweat a lot.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Drinking too much sugary drinks.
- Fevers and other illnesses.
- Lack of access to safe drinking water.
- By boiling it.
- By adding water guard.
- By using simple water purifiers.
Hydration- making the body absorb water or other liquids.
Dehydration- harmful reduction of amount water in the body.
- A balanced diet is a meal that has all the nutrients necessary for proper growth of the body.
- Provide us with nutrients we need for good muscle development.
- It helps us fight diseases easily if we get sick.
- It helps our muscle recover quickly after an exercise activity.
- Give us energy to take part in the physical activities.
Nutrients - a substance or ingredient that promotes growth, provides energy and maintains life.
Balanced diet - a meal with all the required nutrients in proportions.
- When growing the body needs a lot of energy.
- Children need a plate that is one-third ratio division. This means that one-third has proteins, the other carbohydrates and the last third vegetables and fruits.
- One needs to eat a meal rich in complex or whole starch before an exercise.
- Eating should be done at least 2hrs before you go for sports. This will allow the food to be digested and release energy the body needs.
- The major food groups that make up a balanced diet include.
- carbohydrates - they are energy giving foods eg ugali, bread, chapati, rice.
- Proteins - they are body building foods which include: meat, grains , eggs, nuts
- Fats and oils: they provide protective shield around major organs like heart, kidney and liver. They include: oily fishes, nuts, avocado.
- Vitamins and mineral salts - they are protective elements and are needed in small quantity. They are found in vegetables and fruits.
Download Nutrition And Sports Performance - Grade 4 Physical Health Education Revision Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students