- In Babalao county, the total population of Grade 5 learners is 24 761. What is this number in words?
- Two thousand, four hundred and seventy six thousand and one.
- Two thousand, four hundred and seventy thousand and sixty one.
- Twenty four thousand, seven hundred and sixty one.
- Twenty four thousand, six hundred and seventy one.
- A teacher wrote the number 86 430 on the board. He later asked Nyang'au to state the total value of the underlined digit. What was Nyang'au's correct answer?
- 60 000
- Grade five East has thirty five learners, Grade 5 North has 34 learners and Grade 5 south has 33 learners. What is the total number of Grade 5 learners to the nearest hundred?
- A number is divisible with 5 if the last digit is
- 0 or 5
- 48 farmers transplanted 16 seedlings each. How many seedlings were transplanted altogether?
- During Tuyu's birthday ceremony, 9 of his classmates attended. If 5 of them were boys, what part of the classmates were girls?
- There were 56 players to be ferried to a tournament. A motorbike rider carried 3 players per trip. How many players were carried in the last trip?
- Out of 2 642 sacks of maize harvested, 1 349 were sold and the rest kept in the store. How many sack were kept in the store?
- 1 293
- 3 991
- 1 283
- 3 891
- In the number 13.46, which digit is in the ones place value?
- A member of County Assembly shared 99 bales of maize flour equally to 9 families. How many bales did each family receive?
Use the map below to answer the following questions.
- Mawingu rode his bike from the police station to the school, went back to the police station and finally rode to the recreation facility. What distance did he cover?
- 110 m
- 141 m
- 196 m
- 282 m
- How far is it from police station to the recreation facility than from the school to the recreation facility?
- 141 m
- 29 m
- 31 m
- 33 m
Study the figure below and use it to answer the following questions.
- How many columns are in the figure above?
- How many rows are there?
- What is the area of the figure above?
- 10 square units.
- 55 square units.
- 50 square units.
- 40 square units.
- Wanyama's goat is 63 kg while his sheep is 69 kg. What is the total mass of the animals?
- 172 kg
- 132 kg
- 162 kg
- 122 kg
- Study the diagrams below.
How many jugs of water does Maria need to fill the sufuria?
- Which of the following consists of wants only?
- Maize, beans
- Radio, television
- Banana, cabbage
- Rice, blouse
- A Mathematics lesson ended at 10.35 am. If the lesson started 2100 seconds ago, which of the following clockfaces shows the time the lesson started?
- Ali had a 90 kg sack of maize. He sold 20 kg and took 15 kg home for consumption and stored the rest. How many kilograms were stored?
- 65 kg
- 125 kg
- 35 kg
- 55 kg
- Some learners were asked to name the properties of a rectangle.
Yuda: - It has four right angles.
Pilato: - All sides are equal and parallel.
Kaisari: - It is a four sided figure.
Herode: - All the interior angles add up to 360°
Who among the learners was wrong?
- Eight Grade 5 learners shared r exercise books equally. If one book remained, which of the following expressions can be used to find the total number of the books before sharing?
- (r+8) + 1
- 1 − (8xr)
- 8 − (1xr)
- (8+r) +1
- Kabambe was given 15 balloons to share with with his friends. p of them were white while 6 of them were blue. How many ballons were white?
- Which of the following is an obtuse angle
- Mr Karanga drew a diagram like the one drawn below
The diagran Mr. Karanga drew represents?
- Clockwise turn.
- Quarter turn.
- Anti clockwise turn.
- Full turn.
- Which of the following is the next shape in the pattern below?
The table below shows the types of foods enjoyed by learners at Afyabora restaurant
|Type of food||No. of learners|
- What was the total number of learners who enjoyed chapati, beans and ugali, matumbo?
- Which food was least liked?
- Chips, fish
- Ugali, matumbo
- Rice, stew
- Matoke, greens
- How many more learners took chips, fish than those who took rice, stew?
- In total how many learners enjoyed different foods in Afyabora restaurant
Download Mathematics Activities Questions and Answers - Grade 5 End Term 1 Exams 2023 Set 1.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students