TASK 1: LISTENING AND SPEAKING
Answer the following questions that the teacher will ask you orally (5mks)
- Name two things found in the classroom.
- State two activities that you do at home.
- Spell the word 'calendar'.
- Name one means of transport.
- Which is the seventh month of the year?
TASK 2: READING ALOUD
- Read the story below aloud. (10mks)
Little monkey was ready for school bu he could not find his bag. It was not beside the door. It was not in the cupboard. It was not on the table. Little monkey looked under his bed. The bag was there. He was very happy to find it. Little monkey took the bag and left.
TASK 3: GRAMMAR
- Use 'was' or 'were to complete the sentences. (4mks)
- There____ some learners writing in class
- He____at the gate.
- The girls___sweeping the compound
- ___Mary in the house?
- Fill in the gaps (3mks)
- tr _ _n
- Find and circle the words below in the puzzle. (4mks)
- Write the plurals (4mks)
- Add '-ing' to the words in brackkets and use them to fill in the blanks spaces. (5mks)
- Auma is___at the joke. (laugh)
- The cows are___green leaves. (eat)
- Peter is___near the fence. (stand)
- They are___mangoes from the tree. (pick)
- The worker is___the cart. (push)
TASK 4: COMPREHENSION
- Read the story below and answer the question. (5mks)
Jane and her mother were cleaning the house. Jane was sweeping the sitting room. Her mother was mopping the kitchen. Jane saw a big cockroach on the wall. She pointed at the wall and called her mother. The cockroach moved down the wall. Jane jumped back and shouted. Her mother came to the sitting room quickly. She hit the cockroach with a broom. She used a dustpan to carry it outside the house.
- Jane and her mother were__the house.
- Jane saw a__cockroach.
- Where did Jane see the cockroach?
- What did the mother do to the cockroach?
- What is the work.of dustpan?
TASK 5: GUIDED WRITING
- Write ten sentences about: (10mks)
- (a - e mark relevant responses)
- Mark as required
- on the wall
- hit the cockroach
- to carry the cockroach outside the house
- Mark as required