SECTION A: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (35 MARKS)
- Which type of tooth is used for cutting and biting? (1 mark)
- Write TRUE or FALSE. (3 marks)
- Filtered water is safe for drinking
- Digestion does not take place in the large intestine
- Air pollution can affect eyesight
- How many premolars does an adult have? (1 mark)
- Which part of plants is used for feeding? (1 mark)
- Name two examples of invertebrates. (2 marks)
- State two characteristics of plants. (2 marks)
- Draw an incisor in the provided space. (2 marks)
- Write two examples of water pollutants. (2 marks)
- State two ways through which air pollution by a pit latrine can be reduced. (2 marks)
- What is a digital device? (1 mark)
- A set of instructions that are followed by a computer are known as (1 mark)
- Fill in the following blanks correctly. (4 marks)
Digital Device Name Function
- Name one safety precaution that should be observed when using digital devices. (1 mark)
- Write two examples of coded patterns that can be found in the school environment. (2 marks)
Example - leaves
- Define the following terms. (3 marks)
- Write DEFINITE or INDEFINITE. (3 marks)
- Liquids have shape.
- Liquids have mass.
- Solids have shape.
- Name one example of a sinker. (1 mark)
- State one use of a floater. (1 mark)
- Write one example of gases (1 mark)
- Name one factor that affects floating and sinking. (1 mark)
SECTION B:AGRICULTURE (35 MARKS)
- Identify the types of soil with the following characteristics. (2 marks)
- It has large particles.
- When sieved, most of the particles go through the sieve.
- Learners from Milimani Primary School, carried out an experiment to investigate water holding ability of different types of soil. The diagram below shows their findings.
Identify the types of soil indicated above. (3marks)
- Match the type of soil and crop grown on it in the table below. (3 marks)
Type of soil Crop sandy cabbage clay spinach loam coconut
- Write two uses of water on the farm. (2 marks)
- What is a compost pit? (1 mark)
- Name one material needed when making a compost pit. (1 mark)
- Write TRUE or FALSE. (2 marks)
- It is not advisable for a compost pit to be rained on.
- We are advised to irrigate our crops very early in the morning.
- Name two ways of taking care of established fruit trees. (2 marks)
- What is the colour of the following fruits? (2 marks)
- A ripe tomato fruit
- A ripe guava fruit
- Why is it necessary to remove excess branches from a guava tree? (1 mark)
- Name the product that we get from the following domestic animals. (2 marks)
- A cock
- A goat
- Which domestic animal can be used for ploughing land? (1 mark)
- An adult female sheep is called (1 mark)
- Use the diagram below to answer the questions that follow. (2 marks)
- What do you see in the diagram?
- What is its use for
- Name two areas where we can collect fruits for seed preparation. (2 marks)
- After removing seeds from the fruit safely, what should we do in preparation for planting? (1 mark)
- Write the meaning of the following terms. (2 marks)
- Amina is preparing her seedlings for transplanting, write two practices that she should carry out in preparation. (2 marks)
- Identify the wild animals in the diagrams below. (2 marks)
- How can a mole be controlled from destroying our crops? (1 mark)
- 8 teeth
- Insects, snail, spider
- feed, grow, reproduce (accept any)
- dusts, wastes, herbicides (accept any)
- regular cleaning using detergent, use of wood ash
- An equipment that sent, receive, store or process data
- Mouse - move and select text files and other
Phone - Assess
- Do not use digital devices in wet places
- Matter - any things that occupy space and has mass
- Mass - Quantity of matter in a substance.
- Volume - amount of space occupied by object
- stones, marble
- save life
- nitrogen, oxygen
- material, shape
- Sandy soil
- Clay soll
- A-Loam soll . B.-Sandy soil C.-Clay soil
- For irrigation, for watering, cleaning farm structures, etc
- A place where compost manure is made.
- Dry leaves etc.
- Weeding, shading etc.
- Light yellow colour.
- To enable maximum absorption and usage of water by the plant
- A scarecrow
- To scare away wild animals which destro crops.
- From the mother plant, from markets,
- Cleaning them
- Mulching-using a ground cover to prevent evaporation of moisture from the soil
- Shading-providing shades for plants or crops to conserve moisture.
- Removing the shade. hardening off.
- Monkey, Squirrel
- Using safe traps.etc