Tuesday, 30 August 2022 07:05
Science Questions and Answers KCPE 2022 Prediction Papers Set 4
Share via Whatsapp
- Which one of the following is not a function of the amniotic fluid?
- Allows for the free movement of the foetus.
- Prevents the foetus from shock.
- Moistens the foetus.
- Provides food nutrients to the foetus.
- Which of the following is not a sexually transmitted infection?
- Blood from the lungs enters the heart through the
- pulmonary artery
- vena cava
- pulmonary vein
- Which of the following crop pests makes large holes in leaves?
- Weaver birds
- The following are some of the effects of drug abuse.
- Brain damage.
- Poor relationship with family members.
Which pair consists of the social effects of drug abuse?
- (i) and (iii)
- (i) and (ii)
- (iii) and (iv)
- (ii) and (iv)
- Which of the following parts of the reproductive system produces sex cells?
- Vagina and penis.
- Testis and ovary.
- Uterus and urethra.
- Oviduct and penis
- The diagram below shows parts of a bean seed.
Which letter represents the seed leaves?
- The chart below shows classification of plants.
Which group of plants were wrongly classified?
- Carrot, kales, wandering jew
- Kales, bananas, fern.
- Fir, banana, fern.
- Wandering jew, carrot, fir.
- During a Science practical lesson, class six pupils put maize seeds in boiled water and added to it a layer of cooking oil. What condition necessary for germination were they investigating?
- Mass is measured using a
- spring balance
- standard weight
- weighing scale
- Which one of the following is not a living component of the environment?
- Class four pupils put soil in a clear container and added water. They stirred the mixture then left it to settle. They investigated all the following components except
- mineral particles
- organic matter
- The diagram below shows a compost heap.
Which letter represents the layer that consists of the old compost manure?
- A mixture of husks and maize flour can be best separated by
- What is the total percentage of the two gases used by plants to make food?
- The diagram below shows a simple tool.
Which pair of letters represents parts on which friction has to be increased for the lever to work effectively?
- G and E
- F and E
- G and H
- J and F
- Rollers are used to
- reduce the weight of an object
- reduce the force that hinders motion
- increase the friction of an object
- reduce the mass of an object
- Which one of the following is the third step when modelling the solar system?
- Pasting manila paper on the soft board.
- Modelling the sun and the planets.
- Drawing circles to represent the orbit.
- Pasting name tags against each planet.
- The diagram below shows a simple weather instrument.
The weather instrument above works under the principle that
- air exerts pressure
- air is a good conductor of heat
- liquids contract when cooled
- matter expands when heated.
- Which one of the following is not an effect of parasites on livestock?
- Poor quality products.
- Increased appetite.
- Which one of the following is the most expensive method of grazing?
- Strip grazing.
- Stall feeding.
- The following are signs and symptoms of certain water-borne diseases.
- Blood in urine and faeces
- Muscular pains.
- Red spots on the chest.
- Itching at the anus.
Which ones are not signs of typhoid?
- (ii) and (iii)
- (i) and (iv)
- (ii) and (iv)
- (i) and (iii)
- Which of the following methods of food preservation works the same way as use of honey?
- Which one of the following is a common characteristic in rat, duck and gecko?
- They lay eggs.
- Their bodies are covered with scales.
- They have constant body temperature
- They breathe through lungs.
- After fertilization, all the following parts of a flower dries up except the
- Which of the following is not an immunizable disease?
- Hepatitis B
- The following are importance of taking a HIV test except that it helps
- in administering proper treatment
- to know one’s status
- in behavioural change
- to overcome fear.
- Which one of the following food nutrients is not absorbed in the intestine?
- Fats and oils.
- Standard six pupils poured water on a flat soil surface. They used a bottle which had a hole in the lid as shown below.
Which type of erosion were they likely to be investigating?
- Rill erosion
- Gulley erosion
- Splash erosion
- Sheet erosion.
- In a convection box, a burning candle is mainly used to
- produce smoke
- light the box
- warm the air
- colour the air.
- Which one of the following is a poor conductor of electricity?
- Razor blade
- Copper iron
- All the following animals have the same way of movement except
- Which of the following liquids are correctly classified?
|| Petrol, cooking oil
|| Spirit, diesel
|| Milk, kerosene
|| Ink, water
|| Water, milk
|| Spirit, kerosene
|| Petrol, ink
|| Diesel, milk
- Water vapour has definite
- Two pieces of stones were placed in tins and balanced on a see-saw as shown below.
What is likely to happen if stone J is broken into small pieces?
- K will move upwards.
- J will move downwards.
- The see-saw will tilt towards K.
- There will be no change
- Which one of the following is the best way of controling both external and internal livestock parasites?
- Clearing bushes around the farm.
- Practising rotational grazing.
- Dipping and spraying.
- All the following are characteristics of cumulus clouds except that they
- indicate fine weather
- appear low in the sky
- have flat base
- look like bundles of cotton wool.
- The following are all excretory products except
- excess salt
- lactic acid
- carbon dioxide.
- Which of the following water pollutants is likely to increase the growth of water weeds?
- Oil spillage.
- Excess farm chemicals.
- Raw industrial sewage.
- The diagram below shows parts of the skin.
Which letter represents the part that produces sweat?
- A patient with pale eyes and rapid heartbeat should take a diet rich in
- fibres and water.
- Which of the following animal feeds is not suitable to use as pasture?
- Napier grass
- Kikuyu grass
- A mouse was seen basking in the sun. It is true to say that the body temperature of the mouse
- dropped and then rose steadily
- did not change.
- Which one of the following is not a fibre crop?
- Which one of the following is not true about the first stage of HIV infection?
- It has no visible signs.
- The patient has no AIDS.
- HIV shows positive results.
- It is most dangerous stage.
- Which one of the following is not a function of the largest component of blood?
- Maintains blood pressure.
- Suspends red blood cells.
- Transports waste products.
- Helps in clotting of blood.
- The following materials are needed when investigating refraction of light except
- Which one of the following is not a source of heat?
- Which of the following groups of materials cannot sink in water?
- Marble, feathers and paper.
- Stone, rice and pin.
- Leaf, bottle and wire.
- Wood, leaf and rubber.
- Class five pupils placed a glass full of ice cubes in the sun.
Which of the following processes did not take place after some time?