STANDARD 8, END OF TERM 1
- The following are characteristics of clouds
They are rain laden.
They have a flat base,
They are dark or grey in colour.
They bring fine weather
They are thick white feathery
Which among the above characteristics describe cumulus clouds?
- (ii), (iv), (v)
- (iii), (iv). (vi)
- (i)(iii), (iv))
- The fusion of sex cells in human being take place in the
- Which one of the following farm practices conserve soil and water?
- Building gabions
- Planting trees
- The following are signs and symptoms of certain diseases.
Sore on the walls of intestines.
The disease is LIKELY to be
- The diagram below shows a maize seed.
Which one of the following statement is TRUE?
- Part Z is the endosperm.
- Part Y forms the embryo.
- Part W forms the shoot.
- Part X store food for the young plant.
- Which one of the following pairs of materials are opaque?
- Oil and mirror
- Wood and windscreen
- Skylight and paraffin
- Frosted glass and metal
- The following are materials used to make a certain weather instrument.
The weather instrument is MAINLY used to measure
- strength of wind
- amount of rainfall
- air temperature
- direction of wind
- The following are sources of electricity EXCEPT
- car batteries
- solar panel
- torch bulb
- Which one of the following materials is used as insulator?
- Copper wire
- Rubber band
- Iron rod
- Aluminium wire
- The BEST way of controlling the spread of HIV/AIDS among the school going pupils is by
- being faithful to one partner.
- encouraging the use of condoms.
- visiting V.C.T.
- abstaining from sex.
- Which one of the following excretory product is NOT excreted by the skin?
- Excess water
- Excess salt
- Which one of the following sexual transmitted infections is caused by virus?
- Genital herpes
- The following are adaptation of a certain plant.
Thick waxy cuticle
The plant growing in the same environment is also LIKELY to have
- large flat leaves.
- deep root.
- air sacs
- flexible stems
- Which of the following pairs of plants are non green and flowerless?
- Algae and bacteria
- Fern and liverworts .
- Mushroom and mucor
- Pine and cedar
- The diagram below shows an experiment on change of state on matter.
Which process take place at the point marked M?
- Which one of the following is NOT as a result of bending of light?
- A coin in water appear raised.
- Formation of images on mirrors.
- Swimming pools appears raised.
- Formation of the rainbow.
- The following are effects of drug abuse.Which one is an economic effect?
- Loss of income.
- Poor health
- Marital conflicts
- Birds that feed on flesh have
- short, straight, thick beak
- strong, curved beaks
- flat, serrated beaks
- long, slender beaks
- Which one of the following is NOT a sign of ill health in livestock?
- Rough coat.
- Reduced yields.
- Stunted growth
- Lower yields.
- In which of the following parts of digestive system is food NOT digested?
- Small intestine
- Large intestines
- The set up below can be used to investigate the presence of a certain component of soil.
Which two components soil can be investigated by the set up shown above
- Water and humus
- Mineral particles and organic matter.
- Water and living organism.
- Ilumus and air
- The following are examples of straight fertilizer EXCEPT
- Munate of potash
- Diammonium Phosphate
- Double supersphosphate
- The body require enough mineral salts for
- good health
- growth and repair
- muscle development
- The following animals lay unfertilized eggs and live partially in water EXCEPT
- Which one of the following pairs of plants have the same root system?
- Onions and sisal
- Coconut and mango
- Grass and beans
- Cowpeas and sorghum
- Which one of the following statement is NOT TRUE about all arteries?
- They carry blood rich in oxygen.
- They carry blood away from the heart.
- They have thick walls.
- Blood pressure in them is high.
- Which two form of energy. DOES NOT require medium for transmission
- Electricity and light
- Heat and light
- Sound and light.
- Sound and heat
- The diagram below represent the arrangement of the parts of a lever.
The lever illustrated above is LIKELY to be
- claw hammer
- Which one of the following is NOT a way of reducing friction? Using
- ball bearing
- The diagram below shows a food chain
Maize → rat → snake → vultures
Which one of the following animal is in the same level with the vultures?
- The following are properties of matter
Have definite volume
Have definite muss.
Change state when heated
Which substance given below bave the above characteristics?
- Milk and water vapour
- Salt and ice
- Oxygen and nitrogen
- Water and milk
- Which one of the following immunizable diseases are immunized at 10 weeks and immediately after birth to young infants?
- Polio, Tetanus, Tuberculosis
- Whooping cough, Tetanus, Diptheria
- Tuberculosis, Measles, Polio
- Yellow fever, Polio, Fertusis
- The chart below represent approximate percentage of the component of air.
Which portion represent the gas that is NOT used by living things?
- Oil and grease are used in some simple tools to
- reduce opposing force
- make them more durable.
- increase friction.
- make them more attractive.
- Which of the following feeds provide livestock with protein?
- Maize germ
- Cotton seed cake
- One of the following is NOT in the same group as a tick. Which one?
- The diagram represents a set up that was used to demonstrate a certain property of matter
The aspect of matter demonstrated is that
- liquid expand and contract.
- gases expand and contract.
- water exert pressure
- air occupies space.
- Pre-test counselling is given
- after the result of the test are released.
- after the test is done.
- before one takes an HIV test.
- before results are released to the person who is tested.
- Which one of the following foods will help boost the immune system of the body?
- Egg, milk, bacon
- Carrot, rice, cassava
- Onions, spinach, tomatoes
- Peas, beans, greengrams
- When tea leaves is put in a glass of cold water and heated at the bottom, the tea leaves are observed to rise and fall. This is because tea leaves
- are carried by hot water which come down on cooling.
- and water rise when heated and come down on cooling.
- becomes lighter than water when heated.
- rise when heated and come down on cooling
- Which one of the following is a MAJOR non living component of environment?
- Which one of the following is NOT a use of water in factory?
- Making fountains.
- Mixing chemicals
- Cleaning equipments.
- Which one of the following activities is water conserved by re-using?
- Using domestic water for washing toilets.
- Treating sewage water.
- Turning off taps after use.
- Harvesting rain water from roofs.
- During pregnancy period, the placenta has all the following functions EXCEPT
- facilitates the exchange of foods from the mother to the foetus.
- allow the mother's blood to mix with foetus blood
- facilitates the exchange of gases between the mother.
- allows the passage of waste from the foetus to the mother.
- During the investigation of soil water retention all the following materials need to be the same EXCEPT
- size of the funnel.
- time allowed for the experiment.
- types of soil
- amount of water added.
- A flower which has long feathery stigma and loosely held anthers is also LIKELY
- produce nectar.
- have sweet scent
- have brightly coloured petals.
- produce many pollen grains
- A beam balance is used fo
- comparing mass of different objects.
- measuring volume of objects.
- comparing size of different objects.
- measuring height of objects.
- Study the diagram below
Which pair of blood vessels above carry blood that is bright red in colour?
- ST D
- Carnassial teeth found in the carnivorous animals are modified
- canine and premnolars
- pre molars and molars
- The diagram below shows a method of separating mixture
The method can be used to separate
- coarse and fine sand
- salt and iron filling
- sugar and water
- maize and beans
Download Science - Class 8 End Term 1 Exam 2021 Set 2.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students