- Active and Passive Leisure Activities.
- Leisure and Time management
- Care of Community Recreation Facilities.
Active and Passive Leisure Activities.
- Leisure activities are performed for fun.
- There are mainly two types of leisure.
- Passive leisure activities - are activities that someone is not participating in the activity.
- Active leisure activities - are those that someone is fully participant
- Leisure activities give us the opportunities to be ourselves and get creative.
Disadvantages of Passive Activities.
- They lead to development of lifestyle problems and diseases.
- It reduces our creativity and lead to health problems due to long hours spent in sedentary positions
Leisure and Time management
- Time management - is the ability to organize activities one has perform in a given amount of time to leisure time is the free time.
- It is good to take time off from studies and from watching television to engage in a leisure activity individually or with friends.
- Leisure activities include:
- Reading a story book.
- Taking nature walks.
- Volunteering at the local children's home.
- Taking part in artistic activities such as painting.
- Listening to music.
- Attending as sporting activity as a spectator.
Care of Community Recreation Facilities.
- These are sometimes referred to as public facilities and are services offered by the state to its citizens.
- There are various ways of taking care of these facilities.
- By avoiding littering these areas.
- Planting trees in these areas.
- Finding an alternative source of fuel.
- Drawing graffiti (unauthorized writing or drawing on a public surface) on the walls of these areas should be discouraged to preserve their beauty.
Download Leisure Activities - Grade 4 Physical Health Education Revision Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students