Read the conversation below then answer the questions that follow 1-5
Joan: Good morning John
John: Good morning Joan and how are you today?
Joan: I am fine thank you
John:The weather today is quite cold
Joan: Yes it is chilly and windy
John:What did the teacher say we wear in such weather?
Joan: Teacher Hamala, Our science teacher said we must wear warm clothes to keep our bodies warm
John: Does anyone in class know that the headteacher is also looking for those who did not dress warm to punish them.
Joan: 'Look' I have a sweater a jacket, gloves, socks and a marvin. I am warm enough.
John: I am warm too.
- What is Joan and John discussing?
- The school
- The weather
- Which one of the following words means the same as cold.
- What is the name of the Science teacher mentioned in the passage?
- The headteacher in the school where Joan and John's learn looks for pupils who have not dressed warm to
- greet them
- know them
- punish them
- gift them
- Choose a list of warm clothing according to the passage
- Sweater, jacket, dress, marvin
- Shoes, Jacket, dress, a short
- Jacket, a tie, a pair of trouser
- A marvin, a jacket, gloves, socks and
Read the passage below then answer the questions that follow 6 -10
One day Lion was ill. he could not go to hunt for food. He felt that he was going to die. Lion thought of a plan. He sent word to all the animals that he was very ill. He invited them to come and visit him one by one. A number of people had gone to visit him one day. A number of animals had also gone to visit him and it was fare's turn. As the Hare walked towards the Lion's den, he noticed a strange thing. All footprints pointed towards the same direction, to the Lion's house.
Hare was suspicious but he walked on and knocked at Lions door. "Please come in” said Lion in a very low voice. Hare knew Lion wanted to eat him. "I am cry you are sick. But excuse me, why is it that all footprints of all animals that come to see you point in one direction?"
Lion knew that hare had discovered his trick. He pounced on him but hare was too fast for him. He escaped death narrowly.
- Why could the Lion not go to hunt?
- He was lazy
- He was old
- He was sick
- He was too fast
- What would happen to Lion if he did not get food soon?
- He would eat other animals
- He would die
- He would kill himself
- He would move to another country
- How did Lion want the animals to visit him?
- All together
- Three at ago
- Two by two
- One by one
- Which animal was the last to visit Lion?
- What strange thing did hare notice?
- There were many footprints
- The footprints were small
- The footprints were different
- Alll footprints pointed in one direction
For question 11-13 choose the opposite of the underlined word.
- The poor girl got help from a stranger
- The school has been closed today.
- The old man lives alone in a dirty house.
For questions 14-16 write the plural of the underlined word.
- The house had been opened using a key
- The children had alot of luggage in the bus
- Lizz has a beautiful eye
For questions 17-19 select the Bastiense of the following words.
For questions 20 choose the correct word to fill in the blank space.
- We __________________ every morning before we leave the house.
TASK 3-Broken passage
Fill in the blank space numbers 21-30 use the best answers.
I ___21___ up very early on the day I was to go to school. I had not slept at ___22___ I was very ____23___ I was the first to wake up that ___24___. ____25____ was taken to a ___26___ where I met thirty two other___27___. The ___28___ came to class and she said good ___29___ to us. After the bell___30___ she left the class.
Task 4: COMPOSITION
Write an interesting composition using the title below.
Download Language Activities Questions and Answers - Grade 4 Mid Term 1 Exams 2023 Set 2.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students