November 2022 - 1 hour 20 minutes
- The number of people in a certain county is five hundred and sixty five thousand and fifty two.
What is the number in symbols?
- The number of loaves of bread produced by a factory in a certain year was 3624817.
What is the place value of digit 6 in the number?
- Hundreds of thousands
- Tens of thousands
- A bookshop received 648205 exercise books from a supplier. A school bought 76102 of the exercise books.
How many books remained in the bookshop?
- At the beginning of the year, there were 1204 girls and 816 boys in a school. During the year, 88 more girls joined the school and 12 boys left the school.
What was the total number of learners in the school at the end of the year?
- A lorry carried 1452 cartons of textbooks. Each carton had 24 textbooks.
How many textbooks did the lorry carry altogether?
- A carpenter made a drawing. The drawing consists of a rectangle and a triangle as shown.
What is the area of the drawing?
- A teacher wrote on the blackboard the following pattern.
What is the next number in the pattern?
- 4K club had 2156 chicks. The chicks were distributed equally among 15 members.
How many more chicks will the 4K club add for all the members to get an equal share?
- Musa drew a rectangle and a square. The rectangle had a length of 24 cm and width of 6 cm. The rectangle had the same area as the square.
What was the perimeter of the square?
- Mugambi and Kioko contributed some money to buy a piece of land. Mugambi contributed of the total cost of the land. Kioko contributed of the total cost.
What fraction of the cost of land was not contributed?
- A farmer divided his shamba into four portions. He planted cabbages on 0.25 of the shamba, tomatoes on 0.125 and onions on 0.45. He planted maize on the remaining portion.
What percentage of the shamba was used for planting maize?
- Ann bought 84.20 kg of kales from a grocer. She also bought 45.48 kg of kales from another grocer. She later used 15.93 kg of kales to prepare lunch. What mass, in kilograms, of kales did she remain with?
- A learner drew the following line. Measure the length AB in cm using a ruler.
What is the length of the line in millimetres?
- Linda had 15 cartons. She packed 30 bottles of fruit juice in each carton. Each bottle contained 300 ml of juice.
What was the total amount, in litres, of the juice packed?
- A butcher had 1.4 tonnes of meat in a butchery. He cut the meat into pieces of 500 g each. He sold each piece for sh 110. How much money did he get from the sale of all the meat?
- sh3 080 000
- sh 308 000
- sh30 800
- sh3 080
- Two farmers delivered wheat to a factory. One farmer delivered 40 tonnes 800 kilograms of wheat and the other farmer delivered 15 tonnes 520 kilograms of wheat.
How many tonnes and kilograms of wheat was delivered altogether?
- 25 tonnes 280 kilograms
- 55 tonnes 320 kilograms
- 56 tonnes 120 kilograms
- 56 tonnes 320 kilograms
- An empty truck has a mass of 12 tonnes. The truck carried 500 bags of maize. Each bag of maize had a mass of 90kg.
What was the total mass, in tonnes, of the loaded truck?
- A farmer bought a cow for sh 35 000. He spent sh 10 500 in taking care of it. He later sold the cow for sh 65 000.
How much profit did he make?
- sh 19 500
- sh 54 500
- sh 110500
- The table below shows the travel timetable for a bus company from town P to R.
Town Arrival time Departure time P 9.00 a.m Q 11.30 a.m 12 noon R 3.30 p.m
How long did the journey take?
- 3 hours
- 41/2 hours
- 61/2 hours
- 51/2 hours
- Ali closes his shop daily at thirty five minutes past six in the evening.
What time in a 24 hour clock system, does he close the shop?
- 1835 h
- 1235 h
- 0635 h
- A given number of lorries collected 28 tonnes 685 kilograms of garbage from the market. The garbage was loaded equally onto 5 similar lorries.
How many kilograms of garbage did each lorry carry?
- The price list for a shop is shown below.
Item Cost 1 kg sugar sh 110 1 litre cooking oil sh 360 2 kg packet maize flour sh 105
What was the balance?
- sh 390
- sh1 110
- sh2 610
- Sandra requires 40 m 20 cm of barbed wire to fence her garden. She had two pieces of barbed wire measuring 11 m 85 cm and 8 m 90 cm.
How much more length of barbed wire does Sandra require?
- 60m 95 cm
- 27m 75 cm
- 19m 55 cm
- 19m 45 cm
- A salesperson had 24 litres of milk. She packed the milk in 500 ml and 250 ml bottles. She packed three quarters of the milk in 500 ml bottles and the rest in 250 ml bottles.
What was the total number of bottles she used?
- The figure below shows two triangles drawn accurately. Measure the angle SQR using a protractor.
What is the size of angle SQR?
- Kigen bought goods worth sh400. He gave the shopkeeper a sh 1 000 note. He received the balance in equal number of sh 200 and sh 100 notes.
What was the total number of notes that he received?
- A bus and a matatu were to transport 128 guests to a wedding ceremony. The bus can carry 24 guests and the matatu 8 guests. Both vehicles made the same number of trips.
How many trips did the matatu make?
- The bar graph below represents the number of trees planted by learners of a school in four years.
What is the difference between the highest and lowest number of trees that were planted in the four years?
- Charo and Akinyi have some bananas. Charo has three times as many bananas as Akinyi. They have 36 bananas altogether. Let the number of bananas that Akinyi has be represented by y.
Which of the following equations correctly represents the information given?
- y/3 + 3=36
- Mwakio had 18 cubes with the same shape and size. He made a stack using all the cubes.
Which of the following represents the correct stack that he made?