Read the conversation below and then answer questions 1-5.
Godwin: Good morning Karen?
Karen: Good morning to you Godwin.
Godwin: Let me take you to your office, I will then take you around. Here we are welcome!
Karen: Thank you. It is quite spacious.
Godwin: You can just leave your briefcase here.
Karen: Can I also leave my laptop here?
Godwin: Yes, it will be safe. Lets go. Lets start with our financial department. This is Lenox our financial analyst.
Karen: Hi! I am Karen, pleased to meet you.
Godwin: Same, welcome, we appreciate you joining us.
Karen: Thanks, I am pleased to be here.
Godwin: Am showing Karen around so that she can comfortably fit in.
Lenox: See you later.
Karen: Ok, Lenox.
- Who is the new employee in the conversation?
- From the conversation we can conclude that Karen is:-
- What was the first thing that Karen noted about her new office?
- The office was clean and tidy
- The office was spacious.
- The office had laptops.
- The office had briefcase.
- How many people are mentioned in the conversation?
- Which pair of items did Karen leave in the office?
- Books and briefcase
- Briefcase and food
- Cellphone and laptop
- Laptop and briefcase
Read the passage below and then answer questions 6 - 13.
A long time ago, there was a man and his wife. They had a daughter. The daughter became ill many times. She then died. She was thrown away so as to rot and be forgotten.
Suddenly a dove appeared by their side. The dove revived her to life again. It took her to a cave where she lived. After a short
while, the girl said, she wanted to be with her parents. The dove told her the need for them to stay in the cave. She insisted and the dove let her go. After going home she felt sick again. She died and parents threw her away. The dove revived her to life again.
The girl slipped into her home and the dove followed her, took the magic ornament which it used to revive the girl and she turned into bones.
While the parents were still wondering what to do with the bones, the dove revived the girl and they went faraway to stay as friends forever.
- According to the passage the girl died ________________________________ times.
- ______________________________________"cave where she lived. The word she refered to:-
- The girl
- The dove
- The dove's child
- The dove's parents
- "Ornament" as used in the passage means
- How many female characters are found in the passage?
- The word "slipped" is underlined in the passage. It is likely to mean:-
- flow in
- got in
- According to the passage a hole where the dove wanted the girl to stay was the:-
- From the passage we can conclude that the dove was a friend in _______________________________ to the girl.
- What is the best title for this passage?
- The dead girl
- The dove
- A man and his wife.
- A friend in need is a friend in deed.
Fill the blank spaces numbered 14-18 with the correct words below.
Lewis lives in Busia. He would ___14___ to visit a National Park. He wants to ___15___ the National Park he will visit. He has always wanted___16___ visit Tsavo East National Park. One can___17___ to Tsavo East National Park by road or plane. There is a flight ___18___ the park every morning.
For questions 19-30, answer according to instructions.
- The prisoner was accused ________________________________ his brother.
- As faithful as a ___________________________________
- He is suffering. __________________________________ measles.
- Distribute these books ___________________________ your ten learners.
- What is the opposite of the underlined words?
Victor is a very humble boy.
- I have worked as a teacher ______________________________________ thrity years.
- The boys have won a trophy,. _________________________________________?
- haven't they
- have they
- hasn't they
- isn't they
- This box is _____________________________________ heavy for Nevine to carry.
- Neither my brother _____________________________________ my sister knows where I kept the money.
- Which word means the same as the underlined word?
The house has been abandoned.
- Sadio is good __________________________________________ football.
- We ___________________________ meet them on Sunday.
Download School Based Assessment 2023 Grade 6 English - Grade 6 Opener Exams Term 1 2023 Set 3.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students