Read the conversation below then answer questions 1 - 5.
Angie: Good afternoon doctor?
Doctor: Good afternoon to you, young girl! Please have a seat.
Angie: Thank you very much doctor!
Doctor: Welcome! How can I help you?
Angie: Eh............. first and foremost, my name is Angie Naliaka. I am an orphan. My parents died three years ago of HIV/AIDS. I am HIV/AIDS positive and this has given me sleepless nights.
Doctor: What? Having HIV/AIDS? Are you sure? Have you been tested?
Angie: No! No doctor. But am sure of it. I have AIDS.
Doctor: How would you be so sure and yet you have had no blood test?
Angie: In recent days I have been having persistent diarrhoea, rashes all over my body and blood stained cough. I don't get sleep. Doctor I also sweat a lot at night.
Doctor: Young girl you must be having tuberculosis. But before we conclude, come in for a test.
- At what time did Angie visit the hospital?
- In the morning
- At night
- In the afternoon
- In the evening
- Which sign was not experienced by Becky?
- Body rashes
- Night sweating
- Blood stained urine
- Dry cough
- Becky believed that she was suffering from ____________________
- When can one be sure of having HIV/AIDS?
- When he or she is thin
- When he or she has excessive sweating
- After undergoing a blood test
- After persistent diarrhoea
- What does letter I in HIV stands for?
- Immuno deficiency
Read the passage below and then answer questions 6-9
Once upon a time there lived an old man called Odindi Oyoo and his wife Nyakan in a small village of Lwala. The old man was very greedy and kept on telling his wife that she never gave him enough food.
The time came for her to give birth to a baby boy. They named him Nyamulo. He was a lovely boy, strong and healthy. He grew up to fear nothing. Nyakan worked hard in order to grow as much food as she could. She thought the biggest pot in the market she bought would be good for her husband's food.
She tried to cultivate more land to grow more food crops, but the lazy husband would not help her with the weeding or even harvesting. After three years, Nyakan and her son grew thinner and thinner due to overworking themselves.
- Odindi Oyoo and his wife lived in _________________________________
- the farm
- the village
- the town
- the forest
- After how many months did the woman and his son grew thinner and thinner?
- three months
- twenty four months
- thirty six months
- forty eight months
- Nyakan can be described as ____________________________________
- Why did Nyakan buy a larger pot?
- To store all the food crops she harvested.
- To cook food enough for her visitors.
- To make her husband happy.
- To cook sufficient food for her lazy husband.
Read the passage below and then answer questions 10 - 13
One evening the lion was on his way from the market. As he approached his home, he felt so frightened and sensed that there was danger ahead. Just when he was about to climb his tree, which was at the edge of a river, he heard a scary voice. On turning around, the lion saw a dark, scary eyes of the crocodile. He almost ran away but it was too late.
- Where was the lion going to that evening?
- To the market
- To the river
- To his home
- To visit crocodile
- The term "he almost run away but it was too late" means
- It was already night
- the crocodile was killed by the lion
- the lion was caught and killed by the crocodile
- the tree fell down on the river
- What feeling did the lion have as he approached his home?
- he was sad
- he was crying
- he was terrified
- he was excited
- Which statement is true about the story above?
- The lion lives in the river
- The crocodile gives birth to live young ones
- The crocodile eats other animals
- The lion killed and ate the crocodile.
Read the passage below. It contains blank spaces numbered 14 - 18. For each blank space, select the best alternative from the choices given:
As Reuben always said, the ___14___ bird catches the worm, he got up early in the morning to get ready ___15___work. It was the ___16___ season. The ___17___ forecast was that the long rains ___18___ start any time.
Soon after breakfast, he went to the garage to take his tractor. He was going to his tea farm to spray the crops.
For questions 19 - 30, answer all the questions according to instructions given.
- Jane's mother died ____________________________ Corona virus disease,
- Caren is the ____________________________ girl of the two.
- most short
- A dog is to puppy as a goat is to ____________________________.
- What is the plural form of the sentence below?
The thief stole a loaf of bread from the shelf.
- The thiefs stole loafs of bread from the shelves.
- The thieves stole loaves of bread from the shelves.
- The thieves stole loaf of bread from the shelves.
- The thieves stole loaves of breads from the shelves.
- A cat is resting ____________________________ the chairs.
- Naliaka and Peter shared the gifts ____________________________ themselves.
- What is the opposite of the underlined word in the sentence below?
Paul's shirt was wet that is why he did not go to school.
- As playful as a ____________________________
- Choose the correct question tag
The old woman can not walk alone, ____________________________ ?
- does she
- can't she
- doesn't she
- can she
- Fatuma bought a very beautiful necklace. It is ____________________________
- He acted very ____________________________ to the teachers.
- All the grade five learners came to school ____________________________ food after their vainbroke down.
Write an interesting story about your journey to the:-