Read the dialogue below and then answer questions 1 to 5
Odanga: Hello Katana, today we learnt how to bake
Katana: Wow! That's great. Why dont we try baking a cake today?
Odanga: That is a good idea. We only need a few ingredients. Most of them are already in our house
Katana: Okey, what do we need?
Odanga: We require flour, sugar and butter. Oh, I forgot eggs and Vanilla flavour
Katana: Let's change and meet in the kitchen
- What do you think was the topic learnt that day?
- What is true according to the dialogue?
- Katana knew how to bake a cake
- Odanga did not know the ingredients needed
- Odanga knew how to bake a cake
- Katana knew the ingredients needed
- Where were most of the ingredients needed to bake a cake?
- At O'danga's house
- At Katana's house
- At the supermarket
- At the school kitchen
- Which ingredient would give the cake a sweet smell?
- From the dialogue, we know all the following except
- what to bake
- what to bake with
- how long the baking will take
- where to bake from
Read the passage below and then answer questions 6 to 10.
Ngunyi came home with a new ball one day. His mother got concerned because she had not bought one for a long time. She asked Ngunyi who replied that it was a gift from his best friend. His mother did not bother him any further.
It happened that no week passed without Ngunyi coming come with a strange item. He always gave the same explanation. One evening, Ngunyi's mother heard shout of thief! thief! coming from the neighbourhood. She went out to find out what was wrong. She was shocked to see Ngunyi tied on a tree with ropes. Beside him, was a new, blue moutain bike. He was the thief! His mother pleaded with the mob but she was not heard.
Ngunyi was saved by the police and taken to custody. There, he was awaiting to be taken to court for stealing.
- It was a lie for Ngunyi
- to attend school every day
- to come home with a new ball
- to claim that he had been gifted a ball
- to reply to his mother
- Why did Ngunyi's mother not bother any more?
- She believed what Ngunyi said
- She ignored what Ngunyi said
- She doubted what Ngunyi said.
- She forgot what Ngunyi said
- All the strange items Ngunyi brought home were
- What was wrong in the neighbourhood?
- Ngunyi was dead
- Ngunyi was cycling
- Ngunyi was fighting
- Ngunyi was caught stealing
- If Ngunyi was found guilty in the court, he would be
Read the passage below and then answer questions 11 to 15.
Taking care of our teeth is very important. We all know how it feels when you have a great smile and a fresh breath. Having poor oral hygiene can lead to many problems. They include gum disease, cavities and tooth decays.
To get a good dental hygiene, a good toothbrush is necessary. It should have soft bristles so as not to injure the gum. One toothbrush should not be used for more than three months. Secondly, a tooth paste containing flouride is needed to protect your teeth from bacteria that cause decay. Brushing should be done twice per day. Make sure you clean well between your teeth to remove plaque.
- Someone who practises good oral hygiene
- has a great mouth and fresh air
- is a very important person
- smiles great and has a fresh breath
- has many dental problems
- Which one of the following do you think is the worst case of teeth problem?
- Bad breath
- Tooth cavity
- Gum disease
- Tooth decay
- A toothbrush according to the passage
- should be used at least for two months
- should be used without toothpaste
- should have hard bristles
- should be new every day
- What prevents our teeth from bacteria?
- Soft bristles
- Give a suitable summary for the passage you have read
- Tooth cavity
- Oral hygiene
- A good toothbrush
- Flouride toothpaste
Read the passage below and then answer questions 16-20
Once upon a time, a cruel king never used to laugh. He neither allowed anyone else in the palace to laugh leave alone smiling.
One day, a small girl could hardly control her laughter. However, she was arrested and was waiting for the punishment which was death. She quickly thought of a plan and wrote a very funny story.
On the day of his fate, she requested the king to present something. The king let her do it. The girl started telling the story. The king remained gloomy until she came to the funniest part. The king finally laughed. All people who were present in the court were amazed. The king thereafter allowed everybody to laugh.
- In the palace it was not a crime to
- express happiness
- Why was the girl arrested?
- She broke a rule of the palace
- She had abused the king
- The king wanted her killed
- She had a very funny story
- Complete the following English proverb Laughter......
- lose all
- is the best medicine
- is better than none
- makes jack a dull boy
- Why did the king laugh?
- The story was indeed funny
- Everyone else laughed
- The girl was looking funny
- He was not willling to kill the girl
- When the girl thought of her death
- she called upon her relatives
- she made a request to meet the king
- she repeated a funny story
- she bought a present for the king
Read the passage below. It contains blank spaces numbered 21 to 25. For each blank space, select the best alternative from the choices given.
___21___ eagle knows when a storm is ___22___ before it breaks. The eagle will fly to some ___23___ spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm strikes, it spreads its wings ___24___ that the wind will pick it ___25___ and lift it above the storm.
For questions 26 to 30, fill in the blank spaces with the correct alternative from the choices given.
- That shop sells a lot of _____________________ shoes.
- If the farmers __________________________ early, they will harvest enough maize.
- I dont know ________________________ house collapsed yesterday
- You can take either an orange _______________________ an apple.
- I have known Mr. Mwadime _________________________ I was a little girl
Write an interesting composition about
MY CLASS TEACHER