SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (20 marks)
- List two signs and symptoms of cholera.
- List two characteristics of plants as living things.
- Name two examples of flowering plants.
- Match the computer parts to their uses.
- State three safety precautions when handling animals.
- Name two types of fuel used at home.
- List two characteristics of the animal shown below.
- Draw the safety wear used to handle plants.
- List any two examples of fungi.
- The process by which the soil is moved by wind or water from one place to another is called ____________________
- Name three farming practices that conserve water from the soil.
- Giving rise to a young one of the same kind is called _________________________________
(reproduction, feeding, response to change in environment)
- Match the animal with where it lives.
- Draw and colour a chick.
- Name the gardening tools shown below.
- List down three methods of controlling soil erosion.
HOMESCIENCE (15 marks)
- Name the cleaning tool drawn below.
- Name two uses of buttons in clothes and household articles.
- Give two tools which are used in needlework.
- Write 'true' or 'false' in the following statements.
- Using good table etiquette is good manners.______________________
- Being unkind and rude is good manners. _______________________
- Using technology wisely and safely is good manners. ____________________________
- Pouring water on a plain wooden surface can lead to _____________________________
(slipperiness, damage, baking)
- The easiest way to stop the spread of germs is through _________________________
(sleeping long hours, washing hands)
- Match the clothes with the time they are worn.
- Uniform Sleeping time
- Casual wear School time
- Pyjamas When at home
- Name two basic food groups.
Section A: Science and Technology
- They grow
- They die
- Mango tree
- Display what is being typed in the computer
- Used for typing
- Gives instructions when clicked
- Do not run when handling animals
- Approach animals with caution
- Avoid dangerous animals
- They are cold blooded
- They have moist skin
- Check diagram
Section B: Agriculture
- Soil erosion
- Sleeping crops
- Check diagram
- Watering can
- Constructing gabbions
- Planting cover crops
- Making terraces
- Dust pan
- Close and opening
- Tape measure
- Washing hands
- School time
- When at home
- Sleeping time