Question 1 - 5: Read the conversation below and answer questions
Adasa: I think malaria is a very dangerous disease.
Masha: Yes, it is. It is a killer disease. But I think typhoid is worse.
Adasa: What about AIDS: I think it's the worst disease.
Masha: I agree with you. AIDs has killed very many people. We should do our best to keep it away from us.
- Which is the worst disease?
- Which is the comparative adjective of the word best ______________________
- _____________ thinks that malaria is a very dangerous disease.
- The following diseases have been mentioned in the conversation except
- Covid -19
- The following pronouns have been used in the conversation except
Question 6 - 13: Read the passage below and answer questions
Little children eat or drink anything that comes across their paths. Without any doubts, you have come across them eating bananas which have flies or are rotten, All these are caused by grown ups. Many grown ups store poisons, paraffin and different varieties of soaps where children could reach them easily. On getting these items, the grown ups are not aware that the children have taken
these bad items.
If in a house there are children below five yers, the following precautions should be taken label all containers with soaps, perfumes and poison to ensure that the labelled tins are out of children's reach. All bottles should be kept on top of cupboards or any other place whose height is beyond the reach of children
There are those parents who store poison in food containers. This is dangerous. When these innocent children come across them, they believe it's food. They end up swallowing poison or chewing morsels of fungicide and the end result is death.
- Who are being blamed for the dangers in the house according to the passage?_____________________
- Grown ups
- Which one of the following is not a dangerous item kept in the house?
- Why do children eat anything they find?
- It's their hobby
- They don't listen to their parents
- They don't know what is good or bad
- They are sweet
- What is the meaning of the word 'morsels' as underlined in the passage?
- A large amount
- A lumpsome
- A type of gungi
- A Small amount
- All the following should be avoided to keep children safe except?
- Keep the medicine near children
- dispose left overs near children
- keep medicine away from children
- leave bottles without labels
- What is the final results after a child takes poison
- Suffocation .
- Deep sleep
- Which mistake is done by most parents?
- Having alot of rules
- Leaving medicines carelessly
- Bringing up many children
- Employing househelps
- Which is the best title for the passage?
- Medicines in hospitals
- Children disobedience
- Children with medicine
- Parents and medicine
Question 14 - 22: Read the text below and fill in with the correct answers
The long ___ 14___ day had at last 15 to attend the graduation. Everyone__16____ eager. ____17____ The young pupils lined ____18____ excitedly. Each had something to ____19____, it seemed ____20____ were eager to see their parents___ 21____ to ____22____ the very important day.
- off 19.
Questions 23 - 30: Complete the following similes.
- As brave as a ___________________
- As white as a _______________________
For question 25 - 26. Fill in the spaces with the correct possessive pronouns.
- This is my book. It is ___________________
- That cow belongs to them. It is __________________
Identify adverb of time in the following sentences
- The bell rang at noon.
- I was too late to arrive in school.
For questions 29 - 30. Choose the correct short form of the underlined words
- We will not attend the meeting
- will not
- I was not told to sweep the class.
Write an interesting composition about.