- Soila was washing her coloured handkerchief. She added salt to the watem she was using. What was the use of salt when washing the handkerchief? To
- brighten the colour
- remove mucus stains
- prevent using soap
- dry easily.
- When doing laundry, we iron clothes after drying them. The main reason why we iron clothes is to
- make fun
- pass time
- remove creases
- remove dirt.
- After Harun sorted out his clothes, he repaired the torn ones before washing them. Why do we repair clothes before wash.ng them? To
- prevent further tearing
- make them look smart
- use less soap
- fasten drying.
- A tailor had the item shown below in his workshop. What is its function? To
- protect the finger while sewing
- fix the button well
- thread the niddle
- repair torn clothes.
- Juma wanted to buy some buttons from the shop. He had to consider all the following factors except
- colour of the garment
- size of the clothes.
- It is healthy for children to play games. All the following games are played in the society except one. Which one is it?
- Tag of war
- Hide and seek
- One afternoon, Joan was feeling unwell. What was the best thing for her to do?
- Lie on the bed and relax.
- Report to the police.
- Inform her parent.
- Isolate herself.
- After his exams, Ali was to join high school. The best type of shoes for him to buy for school is shoes made using
- Which type of fuel was mostly used in the traditional times?
- Alice prepared the following shopping list
What was missing in the shopping list?
- Price of the items
- Salim was sent to buy a packet of maize flour from a grocery shop. What was he supposed to consider when buying the item?
- Manufacturing date.
- Colour of the packet.
- Size of the grocery shop.
- Expiry date of the maize flour.
- The following are reasons for preserving milk except to
- make it last longer
- make it easy to store and transport
- increase wastage
- prevent it from getting spoilt.
- Which of the following is not a fragile kitchen utensil?
- Which of the following foods is not prepared by boiling?
- Irish potatoes
- Which of the following is not a method of cooking food?
- Shallow frying
- Deep frying
- Below are steps to perform the headstand.
- Keep the arms straight and hold the balance.
- Place one foot in front of the other.
- Place both hands in front on the ground or mat, shoulder-width apart with fingers spread out slightly and facing forward.
- Bring legs down one after the other and finish in a lunge or upright position.
- Kick one leg up then follow with the other one.
- In a standing position stretch hands straight over the head. Which is the correct order of the activities above?
- i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi
- iii, i, iv, vi, ii, v
- vi, ii, iii, v, i, iv
- vi, v, iii, ii, i, ii
- Which of the following is not a safety tip in swimming?
- Do not push each other into the pool.
- No chewing or eating during swimming.
- Swim after taking meals.
- Ensure there is a life saver on alert.
- Which one of the following shows a short-term effect of drugs in sports?
- Lung complications.
- Break up of families.
- Long-lasting effect on the function of the liver.
- Failure of the kidneys and the liver.
- A substance or ingredient that promotes growth, provides energy and maintains life can best be reffered to as
- balanced diet
- Which one of the following is not a way of making water safe for drinking in sports?
- Adding water guard.
- Using simple water purifiers.
- Which of the following is not an importance of muscular endurance activities?
- Helps increase our stamina.
- Helps in preventing injuries that might be caused by overuse of our active muscles.
- Helps us never to get injured in sports.
- Helps avoid lower back pain.
- The following are parts of the cardiorespiratory system. Which one is not?
- Blood vessels
- Which of the following activities are correctly grouped?
Passive activities Active activities A. Football.
B. Tag of war.
C. Watching a movie.
D. A handball game.
A handball game.
Watching a football game.
- The skill used in swimming to stabilize and propel your body forward in the water with your legs is known as
- flutter kick
- propel kick
- front crawl.
- Which of the following is not a cause of nose bleeding?
- Bursting of small blood vessels in the nose.
- Sneezing hard while mouth closed.
- Dryness in the nose that leads to picking the nose.
- Regular cleaning of the nose.
- The following are characteristics of plants as living things except that they
- respond to change in the environment
- give birth.
Study the diagram below and answer questions 27 and 28.
- The part labeled Q is called
- What is a function of the part labeled S?
- Allows food passage to the stomach.
- Absorbs water and mineral salts.
- Allows absorption of digested food materials.
- Holds undigested food material for a while before removal from the body.
- During a group discussion on the functions of the tongue, the following responses were given. Which one was wrong?
- Used to taste foods.
- Used to roll the chewed food into small rounded balls.
- Pushes food down the food gut.
- Produces saliva.
- The following are safety precautions when handling plants except wearing
- of gloves to protect our hands
- All the following human activities pollute water except
- washing clothes at the river
- disposing human waste in the river
- bathing in the river.
- The following are characteristics of clouds.
- Indicates fine weather.
- High in the sky.
- Looks like bundles of cotton.
The cloud described is
- Three of the following are things that force can do except
- change size of items
- change direction of moving objects
- change shape of objects
- stop a stationary ball.
- Which of the following is not true about light?
- Travels in one direction.
- Can be reflected.
- Travels in a straight line.
- Helps us to see things.
- Which of the following is not a good conductor of heat?
- Metal spoon
- Cooking stick
- The following are characteristics of a type of teeth.
- Have one root.
- Found at the front part of the mouth.
- They are four on the lower jaw.
The type of teeth described above is
- pre molars.
- Grade 5 pupils were discussing about the transmission of light through different materials. Who gave the correct response?
- Jane - opaque materials allow light to pass through
- Jose - transparent materials allow little light to pass through
- Jack - translucent materials allow most light to pass through.
- Jeff - a block of wood is an opaque material.
Precious and her friends set up the experiment below. Use it to answer questions 38 to 39.
- What were they investigating?
- Which of the above pins was the first to fall off the wire?
- A Grade 5 pupil brought the following tool to class.
Identify the parts of the lever labeled
Q R T A.
- Which soil has fine particles?
- After rains, a pupil saw some water flowing over the surface of the soil. What name is given to the excess water that flows over the soil surface?
- Excess water
- A teacher drew the type of soil erosion below on the board. Which type of erosion is this?
- Which of the following methods is used to control the above type of erosion?
- Cover crops
- Building gabions
- Planting trees.
- Which is the first step in preparation of compost manure?
- Select a suitable site.
- Collect required materials.
- Add a small layer of ashes.
- Level the land.
- Which one of the following is not an importance of compost manure?
- It is easy and cheap to make.
- It slowly releases plant nutrients into the soil.
- It has high rate of artificial fertilizers.
- It reduces the uses of artificial fertilizers and chemicals.
- Grade four learners mentioned small wild animals that destroy crops in the farm. Who gave the wrong answer?
- Becky - Moles.
- Angel - Birds.
- Leon - Squirrels.
- Dorrys - Cheetah.
- The following are materials used by Grade four learners to make a scarecrow. Which material was not used?
- Old sacks
- Dried grass
- Old pair of trouser.
- Grade 4 learners were requested by their teacher to carry fruit seeds to class. In which one of the following places could they not get the fruit seeds?
- Natural forest
- Local nurseries
- Which one of the following is not a gardening practice for transplanted seedlings?
Download Integrated Science Questions and Answers - Grade 5 Opener Exams Term 1 2023 Set 5.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students