Draw these picture
|(a) Basket||b) Egg||c) Umbrella||d) Table|
ACTIVITIES AT HOME
What are these people doing?
Fill in the gaps using was, are and were
Last night, I went to a wedding party. It______1 a beautiful evening. It______2 warm. Many people______3 at the celebration. I stood and watched the people.
Some people ______8 talking with friends or family . People______9 taking pictures. A band ______10 playing music on the stage. People______11 dancing to the music.
- Arrange the sentences in the correct order
- I was walking to school
- I also began to run
- They were running to school
- Then I saw my friends
Name the names of transport in the picture
Fill in using the words below
her, me, him, us, them
- The lorry took George to town. The lorry took______ to town.
- The school bus drops Mary at the gate. The school bus drops______at the gate.
- I took the train at 6 O'clock. The train took______ to the station.
- The school bus took all of______to school.
- The van left______because I woke up late
- We travelled by train. It took ______ to the city.
- They left by bus. It Left______at the gate.
- Tom and Kate were late. The train left______
Copy the following sentences and use capital letters correctly
- fatuma is my friend
- evan was sick on monday
- I went to mombasa in june
- have you seen nick?
- juma is coming with us
- mary is a kind girl
TIME AND MONTHS OF THE YEAR
Make words using these sounds
Match the words with the correct sentence
- March It has seven days
- A week It has 30 days
- June It has four weeks
- A year It has 31 days
- A month It has twelve months
- Which day begins with N______
- Which month is the first month?
- What two days make up the weekend? ______and______
Complete the sentences using has or have
- James ______many friends.
- I ______many toys.
- Mary______ ten pens.
- My dog______ brown eyes.
- Do you______ extra pencils?
- Your dog______ a long tail.
- We ______a meeting today.
- Do you______ time for me?
- My brother ______a new toy.
- I______my own textbooks.
Name these items
Change the following words into plural
Read the passage and answer the questions
Once upon a time there lived in the village of Kiendo three children. They lived with their parents. They went to visit the grandparents. Their grandparents were very happy. They went to a big shop. One boy wanted ice cream. His grandmother bought it for him.
The other boy wanted cake, white the girl wanted two loaves of bread. Grandfather and grandmother wanted to buy some strawberries.
Answer these questions
- What was the name of the village?
- How many children are in this story?
- What did one boy want?
- The other boy wanted?
- The girl wanted
- What did grandfather and grandmother buy?
- Were they in a big or small shop?
Name 10 things found in a garden
Read these words
Complete the following by adding -ing to the word in brackets
- I am______ vegetable. (eat)
- Mother is______ . (cook)
- Awino is ______fruits. (buy)
- They are______ripe bananas(share)
- James is______a car. (drive)
- They are______with a rope. (play)
- He is______meat. (cut)
- The girls are ______(dance)
Read these words
First Aid kit
Tick the things that are not safe to play with
Fill in the following sentences with was or were
- I______walking home.
- Jane and John______singing.
- We______washing dishes
- Alice______riding a bicycle.
Draw and colour three things found in class
Fill in the blanks with the correct word
I was the______ (first, one) to complete the work
I was the first to complete the work
- She was the______(second, two) in the race
- They were the______(ten, tenth) group.
- I was the______(three, third) in the examination
- Salim is the______(five, fifth) born in the family.
- I have______(first, one) book.
- Mary has______(two, second) pencils.
- We are ______(six, sixth) in our family.
Use the picture to answer questions 8 to10
- The bike is in the______position
- Which objects comes after nail______
- ______is in position between bicycle and doll.
Name these animals
Name other 6 animals found in the farm
Rearrange the letters to get the answer
Where do they live?
- A rabbit lives in a______(uhtch )
- A horse lives in a______(elbast)
- A hen lives in a______ (hcieknopoc)
- A cow lives in a______ (oirchsde)
- A dog lives in a______ (nelken)
Use the following words to fill in the blanks (male, duck, cow, hen, cock)
- The lady was milking a______
- This is the______ that is laying eggs.
- The______ crows every morning.
- We saw a______ swimming.
- A ______cow is called a bull.
POSITION AND DIRECTION
- The girl is sitting______(in, on)the bed
- The dog is______(next,under) the table
- The girl is looking______(through, above)the window
Write the opposites
Fill in the blanks using a an or the
- This is______orange tree
- We have______big field.
- There was______ant in the soil
- We saw______elephant.
- The children climbed______hill.
- She is______kind lady.
- I ate______ carrot.______carrot was sweet
- Here is______ostrich.
- Have you ever seen______warthog?
- ______sun is hot.
Write words that begin with
Read these words
Arrange the letters and write them correctly
Fill in the blanks usin his hers mine ours and ours
- I have a doll. The doll is______
- We have a cow. It is______
- You have a new dress. The dress is______
- She has a bicycle. The bicycle is______
- Sharon has a phone. It is______
- Evans has a car. It is______
- He has a cow. it is______
Fill in the gap using which, where, when whose or who
- ______wedding did you attend.
- ______were they yesterday?
- ______baked the wedding cake?
- ______did you come back?
- ______gift did the bride get?
- ______ is the cultural day?
- ______will come with me to the party?
Complete using_"and" "because" and "but"
- Mary______Alice were late this morning.
- I got a very big lemon______it was rotten.
- Who will help the teacher with a pen______a rubber,
- This road is narrow______that one is a bit wide.
- My cousin was sick______he was able to complete the race
- The bag looks big______it is not heavy.
- She went to the hospital______she was sick
White words with the following sounds
Circle the odd one out
Write ten sentences from the picture
Choose the correct answer in the bracket
- They_______ to school every day. (go, goes)
- She is_______ the house.(sweeps, sweeping)
- Kim a book every_______evening ( reads, reading)
- Tim and Tom _______firewood for cooking (collect, collects)
Read the following sentences
- I visit my grandmother every weekend.
- We play at break time.
- I did not play yesterday because I was sick.
- She is hungry and tired.
Match the words with the correct ending
- Match board
- Break park
- Cup box
- Game ball
- Foot fast
Construct sentences using these words
Rewrite the sentences. Use capital letter and a full stop where necessary
- my name is jecinta cheptoo.
- nairobi is the capital city of kenya
- we don't go to school on saturday and sunday
- today is a holiday
- june is the coldest month in kenya
- Make words from the word
Join these letters to form words
To ma toes - Tomatoes
- Po ta toes
- Cab ba ges
- O ra nges
- Ba na nas
- flo wer
Circle and say words that sound the same
- Ben kin ten nap pen
- Set let cup net book
- Rat van fat put mat
- Egg wall leg peg ball
- Tree see hen cow bee
Write in capital letters
- head teacher
Read the story below
Walter and Wendy do not go to school. They work on a big farm. They wear black, blue and pink clothes. They pick red coffee berries every day. They use three big brown baskets to carry the berries. They dry the berries on twelve rectangular mats. They pick twenty big tins daily.
They eat two small pieces of bread only. For their work, they earn fifty shillings per day. They sometimes become very sick They don't have time to play.
They sleep late and wake up early. They work too much and they don't like it.
Answer the following questions
- Where do the children work?
- What work do they do?
- Do the children like the work?
- Why do the children wake up early?
- How do they carry the coffee berries?
- Washing utensils
- Fetching water
- I was walking to school. Then I saw my friends. They were running to school. I also began to run.
- Fatuma is my friend
- Evan was sick on Monday.
- I went to Mombasa on June
- Have you seen Nick
- Juma is coming with us
- Mary is kind girl
TIME AND MONTHS OF THE YEAR
1 - 3: Different answers
- It has 31 days
- It has seven days
- It has 30 days
- It has twelve months
- It has four weeks
- Saturday/ Sunday
- Apples/Oranges /Tomatoes
- Three Ice- cream
- Two leaves of bread
1 - 10: Accept correct answers
5 -10: Accept correct answer
- Chicken soap
POSITION AND DIRECTION
- a, the
- Black, blue, block
- Grow, group,
- Cloud, clot, cloth
- Book, school
- Sweet, sweat
- Flow, flog, floor
- Two, twin, twig
- Ink, brink, blank
- Drop, draw, drum
- Swing, digging
1. -10:Accept correct sentence
- Game park
6. -10 Accept correct sentences
- My name is Jacinta Cheptoo,
- Nairobi is the capital city of Kenya
- We dont go to school on Saturday and Sunday.
- She has a brother called Martin.
- Today is a holiday.
- June is the coldest month in Kenya.
7. -15 Accept correct words.
- Set let,net
- On a big farm
- They pick red coffee berried
- No they don't
- To go and work
- With three big basket