Thursday, 03 February 2022 12:31
Science Questions and Answers - Class 7 End Term 3 Exam 2022 Set 1
Share via Whatsapp
- Which one of the following is not a function of the mouth?
- Cutting down pieces of food into smaller pieces
- Absorbing nutrients from food
- Digesting food
- Production of digestive juice
- Which one of the following has all the components of blood?
- White blood cells, platelets and haemoglobin
- Plasma, haemoglobin and red blood cells
- Red cells, platelets, plasma and white blood cells
- Plasma and red blood cells
- The diagram below represents a model of the breathing system.
What will happen if the string is pulled down wards?
- Balloons will be deflated
- Balloons will be inflated
- The straw will drop in the tin
- The bottle will break
- The last type of teeth to be shed in human is mainly used for
- Crushing and chewing
- Piercing and tearing
- Cutting and biting
- Biting and grinding
- The best method of controlling the communicable disease caused by plasmodium parasites is by
- Draining stagnant water
- Spraying insecticides
- Sleeping under a treated mosquito net
- Killing water snails with chemicals
- Which of the following pairs consists of a social and health effect of drugs respectively?
- Rape and accidents
- Accidents and marital conflicts
- Truancy and impaired judgement
- Fits and withdrawal
- Three of the following are ways which HIV virus can be passed from one person to another except
- Sharing beds
- Body fluids in contact
- Mother to child during birth
- Blood transfusion
- In order to maintain strong teeth the following should be done except
- Brushing after every meal
- Eating fruits and vegetables
- Drinking milk
- Eating sugary biscuits
- The following are physical changes that take place in girls during adolescence except
- Wet dreams
- Menstrual flow
- Broad hips
- Breaking of voice
- Which property of matter is definite in all states?
- In an experiment to show refraction of light, pupils collected the following materials.
- Clear water
Which of the following materials was not necessary?
- Clear water
- The following are domestic uses of water except
- Cleaning the house
- Sprinkling houses
- Watering crops
- The diagram below shows a weather instrument used to measure a certain aspect of weather.
The main reason for raising the instrument 30cm above the ground is to
- Improve the efficiency of reading
- Prevent running water from splashing into the container
- Make it visible
- Prevent collected water from evaporating
- Which one of the following materials is not necessary when modelling the solar system?
- Manila papers
- The following are characteristics of clouds.
- Look like bundles of cotton cool
- Appear low in the sky
- White in colour
- Appear high in the sky
- A sign of heavy rains
Which characteristics are for nimbus clouds?
- i and iv
- ii and iii
- ii and v
- ili and v
- Pupils in class seven set-up an experiment shown below.
What will happen to the coin if the card is pulled abruptly towards the direction showed by the arrow? It will
- Fly in the air
- Fall in the opposite direction
- Fall in the glass
- Move with the card
- Spreading rough materials on the road mainly
- Reduce friction
- Make the road function
- Increase friction
- Shorten distance
- The following are units for measuring the quantity of matter in a substance except
- The diagram below represents two pupils with different masses balancing on a see-saw.
For the see-saw to balance
- Peter should move closer to the pivot
- Both Peter and Robin should move equal distance from the pivot
- Robin should move closer to the pivot
- Peter should stand on the pivot
- Which one of the following is not a reason for proper storage of simple tools?
- Safety of the people
- Tidiness of the tool
- To make the tool last longer
- Safety of the tool
- Which of the following methods of food preservation is correctly classified as traditional and modern methods?
|| use of ash
||use of honey
||use of low temperature
- A child was found with the following signs and symptoms.
- Pot belly
- Sores at the corners of the mouth
- Swollen legs and face
- Thin brownish hair
The child was likely to be suffering from
- A pupil in class 7 carried the following for lunch:- black night shade and Ugali, what should be added to make it a balanced diet?
- The set-up below was used by class 6 pupils to investigate a certain property of soil.
The soils represented by X, Y and Z respectively are
- Which one of the following is not an advantage of applying organic manure to the soil? They
- Release nutrients slowly
- Bind soil particles
- Release specific nutrients
- Improve soil-air circulation
- The set-up shown below can be used to investigate the presence of a certain component of soil.
The soil component being investigated
- Organic matter
- Mineral salts
- Which one of the following pairs of gases makes up approximately 79% of the volume in the air?
- Nitrogen and carbon dioxide
- Oxygen and carbon dioxide
- Nitrogen and oxygen
- Nitrogen an rare gases
- Which one of the following mixtures cannot be separated?
- Milk and diesel
- Iron fillings and salt
- Flour and sugar
- Glucose and sugar
- Which one of the following does not affect floating and sinking of an object?
- Type of material
- The diagram below represents the processes W.X, Y and Z that are involved in change of states of matter.
The processes that are as a result of loss of heat to the surrounding are
- W and X
- Y and Z
- W and Z
- W and Y
- The following are signs and symptoms of a certain water borne disease.
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pains
- Dry and inelastic skin
The disease with the above signs and symptoms is likely to be
- Four pupils classified crop pests and field pests as follows.
Paul - aphids, white ants, stalk borers and rats
Stephen - weaver birds, rats, cutworms and army worms
John- aphids, weevils, cutworms and army worms
Stella-rats, rodents, weevils and white ants Who classified storage pests correctly?
- Which of the following is an effect of water pollution to animals?
- Interferes with absorption of minerals
- Suffocation of aquatic animals
- Interferes with soil acidity
- Blockage of roots
- The chart below shows classification of crops.
Which crops can be represented by Q, P and R respectively?
- Barley, coffee, pawpaw
- Carrots, beans, spinach
- Simsim, Irish potato, onions
- Tea, cabbage, oranges
- Which statement is correct about germination?
- Radicle comes out through the Microphyle
- The seeds absorbs water through the helium
- Plumule comes out through the Microphyle
- The seed bursts just before swelling
- Which one of the following groups consists of only plants with roots similar to coconut?
- Groundnuts, barley, rice
- Sorghum, maize, onions
- Arrowroots, wheat, cassava
- Green arams.milet carrots
- The following are some characteristics of flowers.
- Du!! and small in size
- Large in size and brightly coloured
- Feathery stigmas
- Sticky pollen grains
- Large quantity of pollen grains Which one of the above characteristics are wind pollinated flowers?
- (i). (iv) and (v)
- (i)(iii) and (iv)
- (1) (iii) and (v)
- (ii) (iv) and (v)
- Fish meal and lucerne supply animals with
- Fats and oils
- Mineral salts
- Which one of the following groups of practises can be controlled by deworming animals?
- Lice, tapeworms, roundworms
- Ringworms, tapeworms and roundworms
- Ticks, fleas and tsetse flies
- Lungworms, liver flukes, hookworms
- The following are some characteristics of certain animals.
- Body covered with dry scales
- Breath through lungs
- Lay fertilized eggs
- Have varying body temperatures
Which one of the following pair of animals has the above characteristics?
- Shark and tortoise
- Platypus and spiny ant eaters
- Crocodile and snake
- Newt and lizard
- The chart below shows some farm animals and their products.
Which products are represented by X and Y
- Which one of the following is not a type of rotational grazing?
- Strip grazing
- Which one of the following should be provided to workers in noisy factories and industries as a pair of their uniform?
- Ear bands
- Gas masks
- Ear plugs
- Cotton swabs
- The diagram below shows an old man warming himself by the fire side
Which method of heat transfer enabled the hands and feet to get warmed?
- Uses of light include all the following except?
- Reading comfortably
- Encouraging posts
- Taking photographs
- Making plant foods
- Which one of the following is not a safety measure against lightning?
- Fitting lightning arrestors in buildings
- Walking in open fields when it's raining
- Wearing shoes with rubber soles
- Keeping away from walls of buildings when it is raining
- Which one of the following components of the environment covers the largest part of earth's surface?
- Babies born of smoking mothers are not likely to be
- Less resistant to diseases
- Fast learners
- Small in size
- Which one of the following will behave the same way as a tin can when placed near a magnet?
- Silver coin
- Copper wire
- Steel wool
- Which one of the following materials would be suitable in forming shadows when light is shone to them?
- Mirror, wood, stone
- Kerosene, tracing paper, frosted glass
- oiled paper, milk, mirror
- Mirror, clean water, clean glass