- Which of the following number is 4,256,352.021
- Fourmillion two hundred and fifty six thousand three hundred and fifty two and twenty one hundredths.
- Fourmillion two hundred and fifty six thousand three hundred and fifty two thousand.
- Fourmillion two hundred and fifly six thousand three hundred and fifty two and twenty one thousandth
- Fourmillion two hundred and fifty six thousand three hundred and fifty two and two hundred tenth.
- What is the value of 2 in the number 563.1427?
- Two thousandth
- How many days were there between 21st December 2011 and 3rd March 2012.
- Round off the following number to the nearest hundredth
- What isthe value of
2(6²-4²) - 8 x 6 ÷ 2
2 x 4
- Chepngeno bought the following items from the shop.
3kg rice @ shs.82
2 bars of soup @ shs.115
250 of washing powder for 65
½ litre of cooking oil @ shs.60 per ¼ litres
4g of maize meal @ shs.95 per 2kg packet
If she paid using 2-500 shillings notes, how much balance did she get?
- In the figure below line PQis parallel to line ST, Line UV is a transversal
Which of the following statements is not TRUE
- a + g = 180°
- a+c = e+h
- d+h = f+c
- What is the sum of the square of ²/₃ andthe square root 6¼?
- Which one of the following is the seventh number in the sequence?
2,4,7,12,19, __, __
- Which one of the following is the simplest form of
- Below is a train timetable from town A to F
A 6:00am B 8:20am 8:35am C 10:45am 11:05am D 12:40pm 12:55pm E 2:10pm 2:25pm F 3:15pm 3:30pm
- 5hrs 50mnin
- 5hrs 35min,
- 6hrs 05min
- 4hrs 50min
- The rectangle below is drawn to scale1cm: 50:000cm.
What isthe actual area in hectares?”
- 60000 hectares
- 600 hectares
- 60 hectares
- 6 hectares
- The diagram below shows an isosceles triangle
Calculate the area ofthe triangle.
- The diagram below is par ofa Rhombus ABCD
Complete the Rhombus and drop a perpendicular from point to meet AB at X.
What is the measure of the line XB?
- Onyango paid 12,375 for a TV after getting 25% discount, What was the marked price of the TV set?
- Three buses leave the bus station at an interval of 24min, 36min and 48min. If they all left the bus stationat 8:10am, when will they eave station together again?
- A rectangular water tank measures 2.4m long, 1.2m wide and 0.9m high. It contains water to a height of 0.75m, how many more litres of water are required to fill the tank?
- The fractions ½,⁷/₉,³/₈,⁵/₇ are to be arranged from the largest to the smallest. Which of the following is the correct order?
- ⁷/₉,½ ,⁵/₇ ,³/₈
- ⁷/₉,⁵/₇ ,³/₈ ,½
- ⁷/₉,⁵/₇ ,½ ,³/₈
- ⁵/₇,⁷/₉ ,½ ,³/₈
- The following are characteristics of quadilaterals
- Diagonals bisect at right angle.
- Diagonals are equal
- All angles are equal
- Opposite sides are equal and parallel
- All sides are equal
Which combination is true for both square, and rhombus?
- The number of incoming flights recorded at Jomo Kenya Interatonal airport in certain months of the year are recorded below.
Month June July Aug Sep Oct No. of flights 83 97 103 79 107
- August and October
- Julyand August
- June and September
- September and Uetober
- Construct triangle PQR in which PQ=6.7cm.Tem QR= 5.8 and PR=7.1cm,Bisect angle QRP and let the sector meet Line PQ at M.
What isthe size ofangle PRM?
- What is the value of xin
4(x-3) + 2(3+x) = 3
- A packet is in form of a pyramid with rectangular base. Which of the following statements is true about the number of edges and vertices?
- 8 edges, 3 vertices
- 5 edges, 8 vertices
- 9 edges, 6 vertices
- 6 edges, 9 vertices
- A company employed 12 people to complete a peace of work in 4 dys. After working the first day 3 people did not work again. How many days did the work take to be complete?
- 4 days
- 6 days
- 5¹/₃ days
- 5 days
- Which of the following sets of measurement will form a right angled triangle?
- 0.7cm, 2.4cm, 2.5cm
- 0:05cm, 0.12cm, 1.3cm
- 0.8fcm, 15cm, 1.7cm
- 3cm, 0.4cm, 5cm
- A lorry was loaded with 50 bags of maize, 35 bags of and 24 bags of Ndengu. If a bag of maize weighed 90kgs while that of beans weighed 75kg, a bag of Ndengu weighed 60kg. How much was the total mass off the lorry and the load if an empty lorry has a mass of 2.75 tonnes?
- 8.563 tonnes
- 7.125 tonnes
- 11.315 tonnes
- 4.5 tonnes
- Gathuma bought a piece of land for 2 million shillings. He sub-divided the land into twenty five equal plots. He sold each plot at shs.100,000, What was the percentage profit?
- The table below shows the number of crates of soda sold by a distributor in one week.
Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri 52 46 65 75 34
Which bar graph correctly show this information?
- Jamal deposited 50,000 ina bank that earns 5% simple interest per annum. How much interest was in his account after 1½ years?
- During the first lady half marathon on zero campaign 250 men took part. The number of women was three times that of men and 1250 less than that of boys. The number of girls was 200 more than that of boys. How many people in total participated inthe function?
- The cash price of a Generator is 24,000. The hire purchase price is 25% more than cash price. Nanok bought it on hire purchase paying 25% of the hire purchase as the deposit and the rest in 12 equal instalments. How much was, each instalment?
- shs.1 875
- The figure below shows a trapezium PQRS. Line PQ is parallel to RS. Line PQ=13cm, line RS=7cm and line QR=10cm,
Whats the area of the figure?
- What is the value of
3.2 ÷ 0.8 + 2(0.26+3.74)
3.6 ÷ 0.9
- A sales lady earns a monthly salary of shs.12500, Shes also paid 2.5% on all the sales above 200,000. In one month she sold 25 cartons of books each worth 30,000. How much money did she earn as commission that month?
- 26 250
- 18 750
- 13 730
- 31 250
- Four boys Kantet, Mkoko, Owuor and Anyona contributed some money to buy a ball. Anyona contributed x while Mkoko contributed 1/3 of what Anyona contributed. Owuor contributed sh.200 less than the total for both Anyona and Mkoko, Kantet contributed 100 more than Anyona. If the total amount raised was 2,700, which ofthe following equation can be used to find the amount raised by each boy?
- 3x + 2/3x + 300 = 2700
- 3x + 2/3x - 100 = 2700
- 2x + 2/3x - 300 = 2700
- 2x + 1/3x - 100 = 2700
- At te beginning of the year 2013, the total number of leopards and buffalo at Ruma National park was 18,000. 15% of these animals were leopard. At the end ofthe year the leopard increased by 20% while the buffalo reduced by 20%. What was the total numberof animals at the park by the end ofthe year?
- 14 400
- 12 240
- 3 240
- 15 480
- The diagram below shows Wakaba's plot of land.
Calculate the length ofthe wire needed to fence the land using three strands of wire
- The table below shows the number of cars that passed near Waka school ina certain week. Number for Thursday is not shown.
Day Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat No. of
29 33 41 47 37
If the mean number of cars was 36, what is the sum of mode and median?
- In a certain factory 3/5 of the employees are women. On a day when 3/20 of the women were absent, 306 women were present. How many men are there in the factory?
- The perimeter ofa rectangle is 36cm.The width is 4cm less than the length .Calculate twice its area.
- A motorist drove for 40min ata speed of 90km/hr from home to town. He took 24min to drive back home. Calculate the average speed for the whole journey.
- Ole Munyere shared a number of cows: To his four children. Their shares were Timothy 0.3, Gloria 0.11, Sein 0.19 Naiserian 0.17. Ifthe children gota total of 462 cows, how many cows did he remain with?
- In a meeting there were 840 attendants. The ratio of men to women was 3:4. Later 60 men left while 60 women joined. What was the new ratio of men to women?
- The diagram below shows which type of a triangle?
- Right angled triangle
- Isosceles triangle
- Equilateral triangle
- The diagram below shows a wooden solid
Calculate the sure area taking π=3.14
- Duale’s watch loses 15sec every hour. The watch was set right on Monday 8:30am. What time didit show on Friday the same week when the correct time was 8:30am?
- A triangular plot of land measures 75m by 125m by 150m is to be fenced. The posts are to be 2.5m apart. How many posts are required?
- Sathya Sair School received 120 cartons of milk. Each carton contain 21 -2dl packets of milk. How many litres of milk were received by the school?
- 504 litres
- 5040 litres
- 252 litres
- 2520 litres
- Which of the following shapes will be the next in the pattern?
- The graph below shows apart of Nyaga’s Journey from Tharaka Nithi to Nyahururu a distance of 280km. After driving for 1½hrs his vehicle broke down and took one hour to repair.
What was his spood afr repairing the car?
- 16 8/17 km/hr
- 25 km/hr
- 40 km/hr
- 12 ½km/hr
Download Mathematics Questions and Answers - Class 8 Term 2 Opener Exams 2022 Set 1.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students