Read the following conversation and then answer questions 1 to 5
Shopkeeper: Yes customer. How can I help you?
Customer: (Scratching his head) Actually, I came to ask if you could lend me a packet of maize flour and cooking oil.
Shop keeper: Are you aware that this is the fourth time you are coming to borrow something from this shop and yet you never paid for the first three items you borrowed?
Customer; yes, I am aware. Just have mercy on me. I do not have anywhere to get money and my children are hungry.
Shop keeper: Are you mistaken or the alcohol that you took somehow got into your brain? Now listen and listen carefully. I do not entertain such nonsense in my work.
Customer: (angry) Who gace you the power to criticise me? I am better off than you. You think you are so rich that there is no day you will never go on your knees begging anbd yet all your sons are common thieves.
- According to this dialogue, the customer wanted to get some items on_____
- hire purchase
- The opposite of the word lend as used in the conversation could be
- According to the dialogue, the customer had visited the shop ______ times before.
- The word aware could mean all the following except
- According to the conversation, the shop keeper can be said to be ________
Read the passage below ans answer questions 6 to 9
In case of any accident or injury, it is very important to give help to the injured person before any medical treatment is given to the patient. The first help given to the patient is called First Aid. The right type of First Aid given to the patient sometimes saves lives. So everyone of us should know what quick actions to be taken in different types of accidents. I'll discuss bleeding.
As little bleeding is not dangerous, apply any antiseptic and then tie with a clean piece of cloth if necessary. If the bleeding is continous , we must stop it by placing a clean pad or cotton frimly over the wound until the bleeding stops or until the patient sees a doctor.
- In case of nay accident,what would be the first thing to do?
- Give medical treament
- Give help to the injured person
- Call others
- Rush the patient to hospital.
- What is the meaning of the word 'necessary' undelined in the story?
- Medical help.
- Not wanted
- Not available.
- Which word can be used instead of the word 'apply' as used in the passage?
- which would be the best title for the passage?
- First Aid
- First Aid and Bleeding
- First Aid in bleeding.
Read the passage below and answer questions 10 to 12
A long time ago, there was a man and his wife. They had a girl. The girl fell sick many times. She then died and was thrown away so as to rot and be forgotten.
Suddenly, a dove appeared by her side. the dove revived her to life again. It took her to a cave wher she lived. After a short while, the girl said she wanted to be with her mother. The dove told her the need for them to stay in the caves, she insisted and the dove let her go. After going home, she felt sick again. She died and her parents threw her away. The dove revived her to life again.
The girl slipped into her home and the dove followed her, took the magic ornament which it used to revive the girl and she turned into bones.
While the parents were still wondering what to do with the boned, the dove revived the girl and they went far away to saty as friends forever.
- According to the passage, how many times did the girl die?
- Ornament as used in the passage means?
- From the passage we can conclude that the dove was a frind in _______ to the girl
Read the passage below and answer questions 13 to 15
It was a clear, still night and the moon shone brightly through the water that Tom could not sleep. Suddenly , he saw a beautiful sight. A bright red light moved along the river-side and threw down into the water a long flame.
Tom, a curious little rogue, had to go and see what it was; so he swam to the shore and met the light as it stopped over a shallow edge of a low rock.
- Tom could not sleep because of the __
- clear night
- silent night
- still night
- bright moonlight
- What did tom see all of the sudden? A
- beautiful riverside
- bright red light
- long flame
- beautiful site
- Tom was curious, that means Tom was __
- eager to know.
Read the passage below. It contains blank spaces numbered 16 to 20. For each blank space , select the best alternative from the choices given
Snakes 16 poisonous 17 . 18 . thier tongue are not poisonous. The snake uses 19 tongue to 20 what is in front of it.
|16.||A. had||B. has||C. have||D. are|
|17.||A. fangs||B. teeth||C. canines||D. saliva|
|18.||A. But||B. And||C. When||D. As|
|19.||A. its||B. it's||C. its'||D. thier|
|20.||A. feel||B. fill||C. suck||D. see|
For questions 21 to 23, choose the correct form of the verb to fill in the gaps
- She has ___ all her money
- They _____ him stealing books
- I was ____ by his remarks
For questions 24 to 26, select the correct question tag.
- They like walking home, ______?
- do they
- don't they
- will they
- shouldn't they
- Let us observe the covid-19 protocols, ____?
- shall we
- is it
- will we
- let we
- We ate fish for dinner, _______?
- weren't we
- were we
- didn't we
- did we
For questions 27 to 29, select the correct form of adjective.
- My sister wore a ___________ dress
- red, cotton, pretty,
- pretty, cotton, red
- cotton, red, pretty
- pretty, red, cotton
- Yesterday I saw _____ birds
- tiny, three, beautiful
- three, beuatiful, tiny
- tiny, beautiful, three
- three, tiny, beautiful
- Her birthday present was a ___ shawl
- red, small, pretty, silk
- pretty, small, red, silk
- small, pretty, silk, red
- red, silk, small, pretty
For question 30, choose the correct alternative to fill in the gap
- This is the most tiresome journey I have _______ had
Complete the story below and make it as interesting as possible
We had just sat arounf the fire when grandmother started this story. It was about .....